“Old hotel needs serious work”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Checked in Friday 6/21 for a 2 night stay til Sunday 6/23. Was in town for GM car show. The front
desk personnel were pleasant enough. When we went to room it smelled dusty and just not clean.
Two towels had stains on them, and half way through the night I discovered bugs in the bathtubg .
Complained to front desk next day and was told they were "stinky bugs and they are all over, I will just have to deal with it". I then told him I was checking out early and asked for a refund for the remainder of my stay due to unsanitary conditions. He informed me that I would have to contact corporate which I have done.. Would not stay here ever again, and would rather sleep in my car..

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank barry s
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. I investigated your complain and the points you have raised, a person can't stay in the room at all. Had you contact FD on very first moment; we would have resolved this issue right away. Instead, you chose to stay in the room another day.

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and again, I thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn while attending a travel baseball tournament. We travel to many baseball games with our son, so are always on the lookout for a nice place to stay at an affordable price. We were very comfortable and slept well. Personally, I prefer the convenience and privacy you get from this style motel. The kind where you can drive up and park right next to your room. No elevators or hallways. Very convenient. It's not fancy but it was very clean, and for me much more comfortable than the La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express type places. I like the fact that we could open the window and get fresh air instead of relying on the air conditioner and usually noisy generator. The staff and especially Brad the manager were very nice and helpful. When I left my memory foam pillow behind, he sent it back to me- I offered to pay the postage and he so kindly said just be sure to come again. I was so impressed with that! They have a nice free breakfast and the TV and free internet made this a terrific deal!
Will definitely keep this on our list of places to recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Since it's on a busy highway request a room farther away from the highway. Our room was midway...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

What a gracious word of the day ! Your expression of priase has enlightened every one here. I wish I could have this placed on a bill board and believe me, my opponents will have to look for a new lock !!

Thank you once again for appreciation.

Brad Shah, GMen

Reviewed 25 May 2013

One of the most pleasant stays i have had in a hotel in recent years. The staff was friendly, courteous, efficient and well dressed. The room was the cleanest I have seen, even in some pricier hotels. Lights, showers, commode, all in great working order. I will definitely stay again the next time I visit Carlisle.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Randall M
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Each day our caregivers are always on thier toe to receive such excellent comments from you which keep improving the quality of services to our rest of guests. I sincerely thank you for taking time to recognize the efforts by caregivers. Feeling gratitude towards the some one who deserve it and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it !! Please accept my big 'Thank You'

Brad Shah

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for two nights with our 2.5 year old son to attend the Import & Kit Car Nationals at Carlisle Fairgrounds this past weekend. With only Tripadvisor reviews to rely on I was pleasantly surprised to find just what we needed - a clean, inexpensive room with helpful mini-refrigerator and microwave and wi-fi to cater to the needs of a toddler in addition to our own. Convenient location right off Rt 81 and a short drive to the Fairgrounds an downtown Carlisle area made this a great choice for us. Friendly staff and an unexpected free breakfast including eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, cereals, juices and coffee was a nice convenience too.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building further from the road were quiet, but accessible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

What an excellent review !! I wish every one read this and make a prompt and positive decision to come to Rodeway Inn and experience their stay as you mentioned. Thank you very much for your valued comment and look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Greeted immediately by a very nice, friendly young lady at the front desk. (Tatiana was her name). We got an amazing special CDL rate (I'm a truck-driver). I thought the rooms would be cut-rate... but I was so pleasantly surprised! The room had a fridge & a microwave. The bathroom was clean, and the room smelled nice. The breakfast was great too (a HOT breakfast, not the crappy "continental" one most motels have). Over all, a great value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for your comprehensive compliment, right from staff excellency, room condition, hot breakfast and most important suits to your pocket. The secret of successful hospitality is to give your best to customers what they want. And really, if you think about it from your point of view as a customer, you want every thing, an economy and good quality room with all required aminities with guaranteed satisfaction, friendly, knowledgeable service, free parking and finally, pleasant and safe stay experience.

Well, your feed back is very important for us and lookforward to see you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very reasonable rate, clean, friendly and decent breakfast. Not a full hot breakfast but they did have a few others items beyond the basic continental breakfast, you find at most hotel chains. Room comes with a refrig. and microwave which is nice.Internet room rate was the same as rate when I called them directly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking time to record our efforts. We are trying our best to make our visiting guests satisfied.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn during the weekend of the Swap Meet at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The Inn was the perfect place for our one night stay. The room was inexpensive, fairly clean, had comfy beds and the hotel staff was helpful and very friendly. We will definitely use the Inn in the future. I did not rate the Inn as Excellent as we had a wasp in the room when we opened the door which is probably because of the gaps around the door frame...not a major issue, just a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SOMDCHEEKYMOMMY
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Thank you for your encouraging comment. I do appreciate the time that you have taken to recognize our efforts. I lookforwards to see you soon.

Brad Shah