“Not bad for the price.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've stayed in much worse places for more money. We waited too long to get reservations close to Gettysburg and this was cheap and not that far away. The location is conveniently located just off the Interstate 81 and PA Turnpike exit with easy access to many nearby services. The downside is that the traffic on Route 11 never competely dies down at night. The hotel is 4 small buildings so your noise level will depend on which side you're room is on. We were on the front side of the second building back and it wasn't that bad. We didn't notice any noise from adjacent rooms either. The entrance to the property is a little akward because Route 11 has a divided median so you need to cut across traffic to duck in to the far end of the parking lot or drive past and then do an illegal U-turn at the light to get to the main entrance. The parking areas are a bit small so maybe not the best for large RV's or vehicles with trailers. The grounds appear reasonably well kept. (We never did wander over to the far side to check out the pool.) The lobby and food area are bright and clean though a bit small with not much seating. Adequate for quiet weekdays. Crowded on the weekend. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was average. Everything worked like it was supposed to. (Cable, Wifi, A/C, fridge, microwave) The carpet and bedspreads were showing their age but the bed linens were fresh and clean. The bathroom is quite small and plain but a hot shower is still a hot shower. Even though the hotel is operating on a shoestring budget they seems to be doing okay. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed on stopover on way back to home.

Room, older furniture and bedding

Pool, while good, right next to busy intersection and next to 'Adult' store...we did not use pool

Breakfast ok, eggs, waffle maker, coffee, juice, white bread, apples, cereal. No bagel, muffin, yogurt. Room too small and owner wants you to eat only in there. Only 1 waffle maker was very busy

Room was clean, but shower curtain was sneezed on and not cleaned. Bathroom is tiny. Old, with newer tub

Paid 70 for a Friday, hotel was packed at 11pm and empty by 9am...ok for 1 quick night

Room Tip: Stay away from highway. East side has empty restaurant and there were 2 idling trucks parked there f...
1  Thank Martin M
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

For a fast overnight, and if you have a tolerance for rather old and worn, this place will do. Our room was average-size, beds were comfy, it seemed clean. There was a tiny mini-fridge, a microwave and wifi. It's all one level (no inside corridor), in long separate blocks of units, and you park outside your door. On the down side, the room had a definite background smoke smell, the bathroom ceiling was water stained, and there was road noise. Breakfast was also sparse: 2 cereals, a waffle maker, juice, a pot of regular coffee, a basket of apples and some slices of white bread by the toaster. With the room saver coupon we paid about $45, and that's about what it's worth.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valderi1

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Checked in Friday 6/21 for a 2 night stay til Sunday 6/23. Was in town for GM car show. The front
desk personnel were pleasant enough. When we went to room it smelled dusty and just not clean.
Two towels had stains on them, and half way through the night I discovered bugs in the bathtubg .
Complained to front desk next day and was told they were "stinky bugs and they are all over, I will just have to deal with it". I then told him I was checking out early and asked for a refund for the remainder of my stay due to unsanitary conditions. He informed me that I would have to contact corporate which I have done.. Would not stay here ever again, and would rather sleep in my car..

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank barry s
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. I investigated your complain and the points you have raised, a person can't stay in the room at all. Had you contact FD on very first moment; we would have resolved this issue right away. Instead, you chose to stay in the room another day.

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and again, I thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn while attending a travel baseball tournament. We travel to many baseball games with our son, so are always on the lookout for a nice place to stay at an affordable price. We were very comfortable and slept well. Personally, I prefer the convenience and privacy you get from this style motel. The kind where you can drive up and park right next to your room. No elevators or hallways. Very convenient. It's not fancy but it was very clean, and for me much more comfortable than the La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express type places. I like the fact that we could open the window and get fresh air instead of relying on the air conditioner and usually noisy generator. The staff and especially Brad the manager were very nice and helpful. When I left my memory foam pillow behind, he sent it back to me- I offered to pay the postage and he so kindly said just be sure to come again. I was so impressed with that! They have a nice free breakfast and the TV and free internet made this a terrific deal!
Will definitely keep this on our list of places to recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Since it's on a busy highway request a room farther away from the highway. Our room was midway...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

What a gracious word of the day ! Your expression of priase has enlightened every one here. I wish I could have this placed on a bill board and believe me, my opponents will have to look for a new lock !!

Thank you once again for appreciation.

Brad Shah, GMen

Reviewed 25 May 2013

One of the most pleasant stays i have had in a hotel in recent years. The staff was friendly, courteous, efficient and well dressed. The room was the cleanest I have seen, even in some pricier hotels. Lights, showers, commode, all in great working order. I will definitely stay again the next time I visit Carlisle.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Randall M
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Each day our caregivers are always on thier toe to receive such excellent comments from you which keep improving the quality of services to our rest of guests. I sincerely thank you for taking time to recognize the efforts by caregivers. Feeling gratitude towards the some one who deserve it and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it !! Please accept my big 'Thank You'

Regards,

Brad Shah

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for two nights with our 2.5 year old son to attend the Import & Kit Car Nationals at Carlisle Fairgrounds this past weekend. With only Tripadvisor reviews to rely on I was pleasantly surprised to find just what we needed - a clean, inexpensive room with helpful mini-refrigerator and microwave and wi-fi to cater to the needs of a toddler in addition to our own. Convenient location right off Rt 81 and a short drive to the Fairgrounds an downtown Carlisle area made this a great choice for us. Friendly staff and an unexpected free breakfast including eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, cereals, juices and coffee was a nice convenience too.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building further from the road were quiet, but accessible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

What an excellent review !! I wish every one read this and make a prompt and positive decision to come to Rodeway Inn and experience their stay as you mentioned. Thank you very much for your valued comment and look forward to see you soon.

Regards,