“Gettysburg Weekend”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 13 July 2013

A weekend with the grandkids for the 150th year civil war battle. I agree with most of the other reviewers. Just keep in mind that it is a motel nothing more nothing less. It was clean with two beds and a clean bathroom. The room was small but a convenient microwave and fridge. The bed was moderately comfortable. There were burn holes in the comforter and a few bugs in the room due to the door opening to the outside. Breakfast food was meager but plenty of eating places around. Looks like a favorite truckers stop. The furniture was standard motel issue with table and chair. The staff was friendly and helpful. I do prefer more upscale accommodations but was satisfactory for this stay when all other choices were sold out.

Room Tip: Choose room away from street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 11 July 2013

You see, me and my family were planning to go to PA for our annual vacation, as we usually do.
We always book late, and the hotel we usually stay at was fully booked. After lots and lots of searching, my mom found the Rodeway Inn. Nobody thought it was going to be that good, because of the excellent price. However, when we got there, it was great! The rooms were very clean, the service was wonderful, and the location was excellent! Very quiet area, even though it's a busy street in the area. At night, you will hear absolute silence. Nothing but the crickets. And there were many places nearby which made our trip easier. Such as fast food resturants, a Sports Emporium, etc. However, they did serve hot breakfast in the morning. Even if you missed breakfast, (my reason for sleeping alot XD) you could still get cereal and such.
The pool did constantly have bugs in it, but it's an outdoor pool, so that's expected.
The lobby was very nice looking and neat. A computer was available for guest's use.
Everything outside, and in the lobby was simply amazing! Now, about the room. It was clean, neat, and actually looked like a suitable single person home. (Excluding the two beds).
The bathroom seemed to have 2 parts, the sink/mirror and in a separate room, the toilet and shower. There was very little room in there, but for one person I guess it's not needed. Some people would complain about stupid things like that though. And the door's lock was broken (to the separate bathroom) was my family told each other they wouldn't intrude. That was the ONLY thing I didn't like. (Again, excluding the bugs in the pool though. That's not anyone's fault, the workers did clean it alot, but there are many bugs in the area, which was a joy for me. Because I love bug catching. We also saw a tree frog! And a moth the almost size of my hand!)
The fridge was small, but fit everything we needed. There was a table, and two chairs. One being a computer chair, which was the only chair I sat on. Being a lazy person and all. ^^'
And the free wifi was one of my favorite features! Since I dont have wifi at home, I got to spend a lot of time on my ipod when I was in the room. When we were ready to go, I didn't want to leave! It's not the comfort of home, but it's quite cozy and I loved it! I'm considering begging my parents to come here again next vacation instead of a fancy hotel! I would highly recommend it. (We're a family of four, by the way.)
And sorry for not adding photos, they're on my ipod, and I'm too lazy to transfer them at the time. :P But when I do, if I can edit this review, I will add them.
As said from a New Yorker.

Room Tip: Just choose a non-smoking room with wifi. Unless you smoke, but you could always smoke outdoors. (Tr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Snailworld
Reviewed 8 July 2013

At this price, you shouldn't complain. The staff was friendly and responsive. The room was clean, and everything worked, including wifi. I got a good night's sleep. So that should be enough to recommend this place. The previous reviewer was right about the location, the inconvenient access, the potential for street noise, small bathroom. I did not enjoy the breakfast; lots of carbs, not much quality. Don't let them charge you for having a safe in the room. I thought that old joke went out 30 years ago. But, what do you want for $50? This is an old fashioned motel. It is not perfect but appears to be run pretty well. Not quite 4 stars, but close. There are a lot of hotels/motels on this strip, and they compete for pricing. I was pleased with price and satisfied with accommodation.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've stayed in much worse places for more money. We waited too long to get reservations close to Gettysburg and this was cheap and not that far away. The location is conveniently located just off the Interstate 81 and PA Turnpike exit with easy access to many nearby services. The downside is that the traffic on Route 11 never competely dies down at night. The hotel is 4 small buildings so your noise level will depend on which side you're room is on. We were on the front side of the second building back and it wasn't that bad. We didn't notice any noise from adjacent rooms either. The entrance to the property is a little akward because Route 11 has a divided median so you need to cut across traffic to duck in to the far end of the parking lot or drive past and then do an illegal U-turn at the light to get to the main entrance. The parking areas are a bit small so maybe not the best for large RV's or vehicles with trailers. The grounds appear reasonably well kept. (We never did wander over to the far side to check out the pool.) The lobby and food area are bright and clean though a bit small with not much seating. Adequate for quiet weekdays. Crowded on the weekend. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was average. Everything worked like it was supposed to. (Cable, Wifi, A/C, fridge, microwave) The carpet and bedspreads were showing their age but the bed linens were fresh and clean. The bathroom is quite small and plain but a hot shower is still a hot shower. Even though the hotel is operating on a shoestring budget they seems to be doing okay. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed on stopover on way back to home.

Room, older furniture and bedding

Pool, while good, right next to busy intersection and next to 'Adult' store...we did not use pool

Breakfast ok, eggs, waffle maker, coffee, juice, white bread, apples, cereal. No bagel, muffin, yogurt. Room too small and owner wants you to eat only in there. Only 1 waffle maker was very busy

Room was clean, but shower curtain was sneezed on and not cleaned. Bathroom is tiny. Old, with newer tub

Paid 70 for a Friday, hotel was packed at 11pm and empty by 9am...ok for 1 quick night

Room Tip: Stay away from highway. East side has empty restaurant and there were 2 idling trucks parked there f...
1  Thank Martin M
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

For a fast overnight, and if you have a tolerance for rather old and worn, this place will do. Our room was average-size, beds were comfy, it seemed clean. There was a tiny mini-fridge, a microwave and wifi. It's all one level (no inside corridor), in long separate blocks of units, and you park outside your door. On the down side, the room had a definite background smoke smell, the bathroom ceiling was water stained, and there was road noise. Breakfast was also sparse: 2 cereals, a waffle maker, juice, a pot of regular coffee, a basket of apples and some slices of white bread by the toaster. With the room saver coupon we paid about $45, and that's about what it's worth.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valderi1

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Checked in Friday 6/21 for a 2 night stay til Sunday 6/23. Was in town for GM car show. The front
desk personnel were pleasant enough. When we went to room it smelled dusty and just not clean.
Two towels had stains on them, and half way through the night I discovered bugs in the bathtubg .
Complained to front desk next day and was told they were "stinky bugs and they are all over, I will just have to deal with it". I then told him I was checking out early and asked for a refund for the remainder of my stay due to unsanitary conditions. He informed me that I would have to contact corporate which I have done.. Would not stay here ever again, and would rather sleep in my car..

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank barry s
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. I investigated your complain and the points you have raised, a person can't stay in the room at all. Had you contact FD on very first moment; we would have resolved this issue right away. Instead, you chose to stay in the room another day.

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and again, I thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.