“Ok for one night and one night only.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Ok for one night and one night only.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I realize this hotel is not a five star hotel, but I expected more than we got. Our main issue was cleanliness. I pulled the table out a little bit, so I was able to reach the outlet to plug my cell phone charger in and was disgusted. There was sooo much dirt behind the table and along the wall. I can only imagine what was under the bed. The bathroom counter was also disgusting. There was some kind of gunk on the counter, I don't even have the slightest idea what it may have been. The shower could have definitely been much cleaner also. There was chunks of dirt in the bathroom. The property around the hotel was not much better. While walking around the hotel to check out the pool, we happened to look on the ground and saw a used condom. So gross! The other guest in the hotel made me uncomfortable also, which I know is out of the hotels control. Overall, it was cheap and a place to sleep at night. But I would not stay for more than one night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda L
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2016
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I really liked this hotel for how much it was. If it cost anymore i'd probably give it three stars but for 45 dollars it was a freaking steal. The breakfast was great there was toast, eggs, waffles and other options. The pool area was nice it had chair to make it handicap accessible. It was very clean and open all night when I was there. The room was good it was clean and had the coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge. Honestly the hotel offered everything we could need for a good price. The room was a little dated and some of the people staying there a little sketchy but honestly for this price you won't find better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Checked in 8/17, one night.
Greeted promptly by Brad. He told me if we had any needs, let him know. Had two grandchildren, 4 and 5, and their dad with me. Pool was immaculate, although cold. The only negative comment is that room carpeting could be updated. Room and bath very clean, checked for dust-none found.
Breakfast of waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, scrambled eggs,toast, apples available 6-9.
Complimentary newspaper in lobby.

Room Tip: No problems with noises of any kind. Room 122.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed here on 5 separate times and have always felt safe my husband is a truck driver and he checked it out for me to stay it was clean and relaxing the only problem I have is that the pillows are not fat enough they are flat but hey if I want big pillows I will bring them with me for this price who cares about flat pillows thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much...just a well-priced motel off 81 near Carlisle. Chose Rodeway Inn because of the price and location. You do hear the traffic noise - well, it IS right off 81. But you get value for your $$. Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, hot breakfast, free WiFi and super comfy bed. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was disgusting. Between the sheets we found a pubic hair and dead ant. In the fridge, dead bugs. The room had trash on the floor and a horrible smell. We stayed at a different hotel the next night for only a few dollars more!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Sir:

I was really very much concerned having received your complain in all front and sent you an eamil provided here at trip advisor with a request to provide more info such as room number and dates you stayed to investigate your concern further. Almost few days passed and did not receive your response.

Please contact me at your earliset convenience so that such issue does not occure. I need your co-opeartion and sincerely thank you for sharing your comment with us.

Thanking you,

Brad Shah, GM

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

East Smithfield, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We found the Rodeway Inn on a recent trip to Hershey. Lucky Us!! Clean and Comfortable rooms! Excellent and friendly staff (Thanks, Brad!!) A nice pool and a good hot breakfast! All at an affordable price! A truly terrific stay!! We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
A big Thank You from all our staff members for a wonderful reward.