“3rd Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Loudon
“3rd Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is our third stay here. It is our stopping place going from Tennessee and New York. It is fine and price is right. The only complaint this stop was there was a coffee maker, but no coffee supplies or cups to go with it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindi M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Haverhill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I found this hotel from a coupon book at a highway rest area. The price was unbelievably low, and the location worked well for a one night stopover. The property certainly wasn't charming or luxurious, but all I wanted was a clean place to stay for one night, and I got it. Plus, the WiFi was excellent. Absolutely nothing to complain about for the price I paid. Of course it's not a 4 star property, but I'm giving them an extra star for being such a great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua M
Colchester, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had no idea what I would see when I got there. I totally went by other reviews from Tripadvisor so thank you.
It was easy access off the interstate. I pulled right up to office and was warmly greeted when I arrived.
The room was clean and comfortable. I had no complaints.
As far as the comment about older TV's go that someone else posted I was not unhappy. It was a decent tv that worked great. Yes it was not a flat screen but it was a good size for the room.

I stayed for two nights and every time I went to office for any reason I was always warmly greeted. I noticed that he was always concerned about the comfort of the guests and their happiness with their stay.

I appreciated the coffee pot in the room, microwave and fridge. Also this was the first time that I ever got to a hotel where the fridge had been turned on before I got there. That was nice.

The continental breakfast was ok. They had coffee, choice of toast only (no bagels or English muffins) Also there was cold cereal. choice of apples or oranges, and a waffle maker which seemed to be popular. I would have liked to see more grab and go items such as muffins, Danish or bagels .

I have a daughter who lives in the area and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: near office for ice machine is there
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kathy5836
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked a room here due to the exceptional price we found online with booking dotcom and we really didn't expect too much...we had read the reviews but the price was too good to pass up.
We were very pleasantly surprised to find that our room was clean, comfortable and well equiped with a microwave and refrigerator (we stayed at a Sheraton in Northern VA. the week before and our room cost twice as much per night and had neither); it appeared our room may have recently been refurbished (there was brand new hard tile flooring, new fixtures and new caulking).
The free breakfast was really quite nice (fresh baked waffles, fresh fruit, bread/toast, cereal, milk, juice etc) and mostly well stocked; there was a woman having breakfast who wanted some jam for her toast and when she asked at the front desk the (owner?) said they didn't have any. Amazingly, the gentleman DROVE TO HIS HOME to bring his jar of jam for her and those having breakfast to use (he also brought a box of candy to share with all the guests having breakfast). WOW! Oh, the only breakfast the Sheraton offered was at a cost of $16 per plate.
Our check-in and check-out were smooth and trouble free. We will stay here again any time we are in the Carlisle area!

Room Tip: Even though the hotel faces a major road, they have rooms in the back that are very quiet. All it to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mrs_F523
Sayre, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here for a quick overnight and because the price of a room was so low, asked to see it first. I was very surprised to have a clean nicely furnished and roomy room ( don't know where the shabby comments come from) . It even had a microwave and fridge, something my last $149 room at a well-known hotel did not. The TV was big enough and not a flat screen but we could have cared less- good picture. Granted, the breakfast consisted of toast ( no jelly), fruit loops or frosted flakes, oranges, and a waffle machine. Period! There was no milk for the cereal until I complained and then the girl suddenly found some when she thought it was all gone (this was at 6am!) . Why the juice machine is in another room and easy to miss is strange. But the money you save by staying here, you can have breakfast down the road. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Carlisle- great value !

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2seniorcitizens
Defiance, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were just looking for a place to sleep. No frills, but the rooms were clean. Penny at the front desk was wonderful! It was obviously a dated facility, but they did a great job updating and making sure that everything worked. We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas P
Bedford, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I made a reservation for May 17 and 18th for a Carlisle Car show and ended up purchasing a car on the 17th. To transfer the car I needed to pick up a trailer in a different town by 6:00pm on the 18th. At approximately, 4:00pm on the 17th I told the owner of the Roadway that I would need to check out a day early. He said OK and told me to see him in the morning. In the morning I spoke to the manager about leaving early, and thought I was checking out. I received a receipt for my one nights stay. To my surprise when I received my CC statement I was charged for two nights. I called the Roadway Inn and they told me they would look into it. I then turned the matter over to AMEX, who told me they could not ascertain from my receipt whether or not I had officially checked out before 6:00pm IAW hotel policy. Buyer Beware. The owner is unethical.

Room Tip: To keep the noise down request a room on the opposite side of the highway. This motel is right on a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BillS03110
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2016
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels