“Excellent stay”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnegie
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Excellent stay! Great value. Friendly and professional staff. No direct highway exit. Not a big deal if you have Navi in car or on phone. Slight highway noise if you are located on backside of hotel. Hotel is approximately 5 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. I would definitely consider staying at this location again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Loxahatchee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was staying at the Extended Stay America in Carnegie recently. I was there for business. The hotel staff was absolutely fantastic. I was expecting several packages. The staff called me when 1 out of the 4 packages showed up on Friday. Paul, the maintenance supervisor was kind enough to carry the 56 pound box out to my vehicle. I was still waiting for 3 more packages. The staff called me the next day to tell me that they had not arrived. I was checking out the next day, which was a Sunday. I spoke with the staff on Sunday morning. They assured me that they would put on forwarding labels on when the packages arrived. I called on Monday, after I checked out, and was told that they still had not arrived. The packages didn't end up showing up until that Thursday. I called the hotel and they had already put the forwarding address on the boxes and shipped them back out with the postal carrier the same day. They were absolutely fantastic. I was so impressed. I would recommend this Extended Stay America to everyone. They were courteous, professional and showed me excellent customer service. I want to say thanks to Sarah, Marge and Monica. They were all awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very pleasant experience....Excellent, friendly staff. room was clean and the bed was comfortable, though it seemed more like a full size bed rather than a queen. Staff offered us an additional inflatable mattress which worked out fine. Would definitely stay again!
B.J. Davis, Waco, Texas

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
It was such a pleasure to read your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive response. We strive for excellence in customer service and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I do apologize for the inconvenience with the bed size. All of our beds were replaced during renovation.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Forest Hill, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Hotel smelled like smoke. I had requested a non-smoking room, but the wing opposite mine was smoking, entire hall smelled like smoke; including my room. I have allergies to cigarette smoke and my eyes burned the entire next day. Sheets were questionable that they were clean; couldn't wait to get home into my clean bed. Towels small and scratchy. Location was difficult to get in; getting out was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I just visited this hotel a week ago and had a great experience here with my family! It has been recently renovated- it was clean and looks very modern. The staff went above and beyond to assist me with my needs. Even though there is a coffee pot in the room (I was looking for a DD iced coffee) I called the front desk to ask for a local one. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door and it was the front desk rep (who looks like Adam Sandler) with a Iced Coffee he had made! Truly above and beyond. I highly recommend the Extended Stay America in Carnegie!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Anna - Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience at our hotel. We do appreciate it and are pleased you had such a wonderful stay . I am glad we could accommodate all of your needs, and thank you for highly recommending our hotel!

We hope to see you the next time you are in the Pittsburgh area!
Waterville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We needed a place to stay near Carnegie for one overnight. Room was adequate. Sheets looked rumpled and I wasn't absolutely sure they had been changed from the previous guest (would have preferred the crisp, unwrinkled look of freshly changed sheets). Towels were small and scratchy. I wouldn't want to stay here for a long-term business trip.
The front desk clerk at check in was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Jamie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback. I apologize for the condition of the sheets. We are ordering brand new sheets next month for the beds. With the new sheets, the beds will appear more crisp and fresh. Still, we take great pride in customer service, and I am pleased to hear you were satisfied.

We do appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future. Please consider us for any future accommodations, we would love to have you back.
Ithaca, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel itself seemed to be in pretty good shape and generally my room was nice. I took quite a few photos to show what the room looks like. My only criticism of the room itself is that, while the sleeping area is huge, the bathroom is small. It was odd that they didn't make the bathroom bigger given the size of the room. The tub itself is VERY narrow, probably not more than 1.5 feet wide. If the shower curtain didn't "bow out" it would be impossible to stand facing the shower.

The room was perfectly clean and I didn't mind at all that they don't clean during your stay unless you stay for 7 days.

Unlike other residential/extended stay type of hotels I've been to, this one was NOT occupied primarily by business people. The other guests definitely were not people I would let my children around unattended. For that reason I can't really recommend this hotel for families.

Also be aware that if you need to get into the main city of Pittsburgh the direct route entails going through a tunnel but the traffic was bad EACH morning I was there. It didn't matter if I left at 7:30 am, 8:30 am, 9 am, or 11 am....always traffic. Fortunately my nav system gets traffic updates and was able to give me alternative routes. It wasn't horrible but you will definitely need to leave yourself extra time.

The internet was o.k. late at night but during the early evening it definitely slowed down and was only good for email and light web browsing.

For what I paid I was happy and would stay here again for business trips.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Al-Burj - I would first like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and very informative. Thank you for the comments on the cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms. We take great pride in making sure our hotel rooms are fresh and comfortable. I do apologize for the size of the bathroom and shower. We are being very proactive on correcting the issues with the shower curtains.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope to see you again in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnegie
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree
Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South / Robinson Township
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie? Share your experiences!