“Adequate and conveniently located to I-376, but with drawbacks”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnegie
Reviewed 29 September 2013

If I could, I'd give this place 2 1/2 stars, but it's a bit below average. I'd like to start by saying that many of the reviews on this site were clearly planted by management and friends of management: under no reasonable person's view is this place 5/5. That is absurd. Now here are the pros and cons.

Pros: extremely conveniently located to I-376 (literally like 20 seconds away and 10 min from downtown Pittsburgh); common areas and rooms are pretty clean; free WiFi and coffee; fridge and kitchen in room; flat-screen TVs.

Cons: located in a lower-middle class residential neighborhood with no touristic value; the customers of this place are on the shady side; walls are very thin and it is easy to hear what's going on next to and above you; mattress is a bit too firm; they claim free breakfast, but it's really just fruit and coffee; décor is a bit drab; shampoo and lotion do not even come in the room, you have to request them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmatthewo

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at Extended Stay America in Carnegie, Pittsburgh 4 nights from Sept. 7 to 11. The reservation was accurate and the persoonel at the front desk very friendly and helpful. We had a room with 2 beds and a kitchenette (complete). Everything was perfectly clean. Breakfast included fruits, muffins, health bars and coffee or tea.

Eventhought we were very close to the autoroute, it was very quiet and the beds were very comfortable. A high value, considering the location very close to Pittsburgh at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gipi1942
Reviewed 23 September 2013

There was nothing at all spectacular about this hotel, other than the fact that it was perfectly adequate. The room was a decent size, had a large refrigerator, stove, microwave and sink. The only negative was that we had a room on the 3rd floor and although our room was non smoking that was the smoking floor. Even though there was an air recycler on the floor it smelled a bit funny. The location was great and was right off the interstate just outside of the city.
Come to think of it, the only other negative was the A/C unit in the room. It made a weird ticking noise that woke us up throughout the night. If you're looking for a very affordable place to stay that also gives you the benefit of a kitchen you CANNOT go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: Don't go 3rd floor! It's the smoking floor so it smells weird even if you're on the non...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The room was very clean and cute! the beds were so comfortable as well. It is a little hard to find the hotel but once you do everything is great:) It is close to the highway when traveling in to Pittsburgh and is only 5 min.away. I would definitely come back to this location when traveling to Pittsburgh again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Excellent stay! Great value. Friendly and professional staff. No direct highway exit. Not a big deal if you have Navi in car or on phone. Slight highway noise if you are located on backside of hotel. Hotel is approximately 5 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. I would definitely consider staying at this location again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was staying at the Extended Stay America in Carnegie recently. I was there for business. The hotel staff was absolutely fantastic. I was expecting several packages. The staff called me when 1 out of the 4 packages showed up on Friday. Paul, the maintenance supervisor was kind enough to carry the 56 pound box out to my vehicle. I was still waiting for 3 more packages. The staff called me the next day to tell me that they had not arrived. I was checking out the next day, which was a Sunday. I spoke with the staff on Sunday morning. They assured me that they would put on forwarding labels on when the packages arrived. I called on Monday, after I checked out, and was told that they still had not arrived. The packages didn't end up showing up until that Thursday. I called the hotel and they had already put the forwarding address on the boxes and shipped them back out with the postal carrier the same day. They were absolutely fantastic. I was so impressed. I would recommend this Extended Stay America to everyone. They were courteous, professional and showed me excellent customer service. I want to say thanks to Sarah, Marge and Monica. They were all awesome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very pleasant experience....Excellent, friendly staff. room was clean and the bed was comfortable, though it seemed more like a full size bed rather than a queen. Staff offered us an additional inflatable mattress which worked out fine. Would definitely stay again!
B.J. Davis, Waco, Texas

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

It was such a pleasure to read your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive response. We strive for excellence in customer service and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I do apologize for the inconvenience with the bed size. All of our beds were replaced during renovation.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnegie
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree
#20 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#39 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie? Share your experiences!