“Pretty good”

Papa Gallo Cucina
Ranked #18 of 45 Restaurants in Carnegie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stopped here with a friend for lunch. She ordered chili and a burger and I had a chicken Panini. I also had a hot cocoa, which came with an enormous marshmallow in it and was fresh made and delicious.

It took a while for the food to come out, but we could see in the open kitchen that it was being made fresh on the spot by the chef. We were both pretty pleased with our choices, and the staff was friendly and nice.

Overall, I would try it again if I happened to be in the area during the morning hours. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We got a create your own omelette & a cannonball omelette as well as a side of the home fries & 1 gluten-free pancake. Everything was really amazing tasting!! The seasoning on each item was perfect & the presentation was beautiful. Also, the coffee is excellent!!
The prices are a little higher than I would like but the quality is certainly there.

1  Thank Kristen S
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Pappa gallo is a nice addition to the food scene in the area. We have been there several times and it does not disappoint. Kind of small, but it is only open for breakfast and lunch time. All cooked to order and the coffee was very good. Priced well with good service. If you want a good, home-cooked breakfast this is the place to go.

1  Thank jadapa
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Their chili has won a few chili cook offs over the past few years. I had it for breakfast. Tasty. Left me with a nice spicy warm feeling until lunch time. Try it.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

This was my second visit to Papa Gallo Cucina for breakfast. I was not disappointed. The coffee was fresh, always a plus. My breakfast choice was; 2 eggs, sausage, and toast plus a side, berry filled pancake. We did have a little bit of a wait, but everything came out fresh.
My plate even came with a small side of fresh fruit. I have to say the berry pancake was delectable. My buddy, got the berry pancakes with ham, there was nothing left on his plate, too.
My one observation was that the waitress seemed to be a little Irritated about something (i.e., No smile or friendly conversation) but she did her job. I will be visiting P.G.C. again, maybe for lunch next time. It is a little pricey for Breakfast, but worth it.