“Unreal Brunch”
Review of Carversville Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carversville
Carversville Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Carversville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Just had the most delicious brunch at the Inn! Bloody Mary's are amazing! Staff is knowledgable, polite, and appreciative. The Eggs Benedict on black bread were spectacular and served hot which isn't easy with a party of 8. Can't wait to go again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Carversville Inn

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The menu choices here were very innovative and the food was excellent. The entire experience was dimmed by the poor service from the beginning with an inexperienced hostess who took several minutes to just appear leaving us standing in a hallway dodging servers with hot food. After showing us a table in a small room crowded with a noisy party which we rejected we were moved to a more acceptable spot. The restaurant however was very loud and service was not attentive. It seemed that everyone was overwhelmed. Not acceptable at these prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsail
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I looked forward to visiting this on a gorgeous Sunday for brunch with wife and friends and while we found the food excellent, the rest was completely lacking. I had asked for the quietest table when I made the reservation, and despite that we were seated in a busy room made noisier by the close proximity of a two year old child who could not have been worse behaved (we were lucky the plate and phone she threw missed us) and the buzz sawing of contractors across the road--this despite the fact that the place is so out of the way it could be located in Brigadoon.
The service? What can you say about a place that brings your entree an hour and a half after you order it?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cjg1950
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We've been dining at the Carversville Inn for about 19 years, yes, you read it right. It is one of the few consistently good restaurants in Bucks County. It's become an 18 year tradition in our family to dine at the Inn on Mother's Day and our son, who is now 18, has taken his girlfriend there to celebrate special ocassions. Fireside dining in the winter, burgers at the bar on Tuesdays and outside on the porch in the summertime.....there's never an "off" time at the Inn. I've yet to find a better salad than Chef Will's Endive & Watercress. I never tire of the Mustard Crusted Salmon or the most delicious Crab Cakes that dance in your mouth. My husband, who often travels and dines out enjoys a home cooked meal but whenever we decide to eat out his first choice is the Inn. His favorites are any of the Chef's whim chicken or pasta dishes. Our favorite desserts are the bread pudding which will warm your tummy in the winter and any flavor of Chef Will's homemade ice cream, yum! Waiterstaff is attentive and friendly. Oh, the Cosmos are terrific. Well, it's Tuesday, Burger Night, gotta run.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Let me start out by saying we have eaten here for years (although not locals) and have never had a "sharing charge". I always order the salad w/apple slices, pecans and blue cheese, and it is always heavenly. The entrees have always been well-done, and the desserts are quite good.

That being said, there are definitely problems sometimes with the servers, mainly due to high turnover and difficulty in finding qualified waitpersons in this area I believe. When the restaurant does get a professional server, it seems to have a hard time holding on to them.

This is actually a restaurant with no overnight facilities though, not sure why it is included here.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Having been there on a few ocassions now, I agree with the other reviewer that this is likely a great spot if you are a regular patron. The chatter is personal and inviting towards the frequent guest but distant and even stand-off-ish towards anyone with an unfamiliar face. I have been there several times now and each time I feel as though it is my first time there as judged by the lack-luster welcome and lack of genuine friendliness hospitality. Don't misunderstand- the meal was wonderful, the service was adequate, but the attitude was one of toleration, not the warm welcoming that I have come to know at other establishments. And, I have also had the older, surly, dark-haired woman waitress who I believe has been there quite a long time. She does scowl at the patrons as though her tips depend upon it. She is frank and abrupt with her remarks and seems annoyed if a question is asked after she gives her speil of specials, etc. I am surprised she has been there as long as she has. She definitely is lacking in the warm personailty department, a trait which would serve her and others (bartender included) at the Carversville Inn quite well.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BostonUnit
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Well here is the real story of the Carversville Inn.
They have surly servers, one in particular a heavy set woman with dark hair,(don't know her name) who scowls at anyone she does not know to be a regular.They have sharing charges which is ridiculous in this day and age and do not price their soups on the menu, yet charge up to $8.50 for a bowl of soup. You unfortunately find out when you get your check and not before. The servers tend to ignore you unless you are right in their section, even if is trying to get a simple glass of water.
The chef although creative, has average fare and sometimes exposes the diner to problems. They have a peppermint ice cream on the holidays, which my freind nearly cracked her crown when eating, large pieces of candy that are not meant to crunch down on.
Most of the regulars know each other which is fine, but the establishment definately treats new customers like outsiders.
Not a place to feel welcome if you looking for that experience.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank restauranteer9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carversville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
1740 House
1740 House
#1 of 2 in Lumberville

Been to Carversville Inn? Share your experiences!