“Good for a quick meal”
Review of The Green Pepper - CLOSED

The Green Pepper
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was very excited to try their vegan burrito. They offer two on the menu, which is nice to actually have a choice. I chose the burrito made with tofu. It was pretty tasty although the burrito itself was not very large (as compared to Chipotle or Moe's). It was a little pricey too. I would definitely go back for lunch but would stick with one of the table service restaurants at the Promenade for dinner.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nothing special here. Had a burrito salad. Not overly tasty. Portion was large and filling. Free chips were pretty good. Prices were cheap for the Promenade, which isn't saying much. It was $9 for the salad, without drink. There are better options for lunch or dinner in the Promenade.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We all (3) tried Green Pepper for lunch recently and each of us had a different Burrito Bowl. All three were good and filling, loaded with the extras we had requested. Ordering was easy, food was prepared quickly. Not much else to say, not outstanding, just average. Prices were good, place was clean, staff was friendly.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Well, I spent 2 years in Dallas so my expectations of Tex Mex are pretty high. This place fails on all counts.

I'm generally not a fan of fast food places, which is what the GP is. You walk in, place your order from the menu on the wall, walk to the end of the counter and pay. They bring your food to your table when it's done being assembled.

I had some kind of burrito. Large slab of chunky, chewy meat, some indescript spices and a flour burrito shell. Not appealing or appetizing at all. Very processed, very industrial. There is lots of competition at the Promenade and I'm not sure how this place stays in business, except it's relatively cheap.

So that's my last time there.

1  Thank bpuharic