“One Of The Best Anywhere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Keller House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Centre Hall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Wife and I decided to go to the art/craft festival in State College. We'd never been there before and a friend recommend staying here - I am glad they did. Easy ride to State College, and we were lucky they had a room with the Blue Grass Festival going on at the same time.

Hosts Tom and Maureen were AWESOME! Honestly, we felt like friends staying at a friends house. Place was immaculate, and the breakfasts were awesome - and Tom constantly adjusted what he was making to fit the other guests needs.

Room was clean, plenty of towels, firm bed, great parking, easy to get in and out of. The goldfish pond out back was a great place to just relax after a hard day of shopping ;-) Location was great for everything we did.

Once again - highly recommend this place if you're up there for a Penn State event and need someplace to stay.

Room Tip: We looked at a couple of the rooms we weren't staying in - for future reference. Don't thin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mfrede

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed during August 2012 and we were very pleased. And the breakfast - absolutely amazing! We will stay here again. Oh, also free (and fast) wifi. Extremely clean, nice and quiet, and the family that runs it are very friendly and helpful. We could easily sit and chat with them. And oh, the breakfast - incredible.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "romance" room, complete with a large jacuzzi tub and great private bathr...
Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. My daughter had a 3 day volleyball tournament and all the hotels in State College were booked. I am glad they were. The b and b was just about 20 minutes from the college, and worlds away. It was quiet and peaceful. The hosts Ernie and Kathy were wonderful and made me right at home, the breakfasts were delicious and they we very accommodating with my crazy early hours. The pond was very peaceful and the house was very clean. The beds were a little firmer than I liked but that is just personal taste. Being a women and alone, I never felt unsafe, but I felt very safe and comfortable. Ernie and Kathy were there every morning to keep my company as I ate a wonderful, delicious breakfast. They were very accommodating to my dietary needs as well. Next year I will go there again.

Room Tip: There were two rooms on the first floor. The steps are very steep.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank karenandsteve
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I agree with Home Away for Home. This is my first B&B. As a travel agent I usually stay in top hotels but this was quite an enjoyable experience sharing a living room and dining area with another couple. There was plenty of reading material which I took advantage of and plenty of great conversation. This B&B is used extensively by Penn State folks but would be a great place to host a family reunion, men's or women's group. There are five rooms. Had a superb pizza at the Italian place about 50 feet away. There is also a gift/home furnishing shop just down the street from the Italian Restaurant that you should also visit. Great owner and neat stuff. Not only are Ernie and Kathy wonderful people but the others I met when I went walk about were equally friendly, helpful, and informative.

Room Tip: The Romance Room is the best for older people as it is located on the first floor closest to the doo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here as a weekend getaway... It was fantastic! The inn keepers felt like friends from the moment we arrived. The romance suite was beautifully decorated and very cozy. The experience was certainly above my expectation!

If you decide to go to this bnb, plan to have dinner at the Italian restaurant next door, delicious!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Returned from a football weekend ( Alabama-Penn State) and had a great stay at the Keller HOuse. Rooms were nice and spacious, breakfast was yummy and lots of it, Kathy and Ernie were great host. Helped us with maps and places to eat and back roads to take to State College. Everyone had fun talking the other 6 guest even tho the Bama folks outnumbered the Penn State fans.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at the Keller House on the way to pick up our son at Camp Woodward, approximately 20 miles away. Ernie and Kathy have done a phenomenal job with the house. It is not only immaculate, but packed with character.

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast (and the coffee!) was amazing, and the Centre Hall setting is very quaint. This is the perfect spot for Woodward families, anybody visiting Penn State, or anybody looking for a relaxing retreat in Penns Valley.

Ernie and Kathy are great hosts, and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Next time we might try the Garden Room to avoid the Pennsylvania Ave. traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Earlystown Manor Bed and Breakfast
Brush Mountain Lodge
Brush Mountain Lodge
#1 of 4 in Spring Mills

Been to Keller House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!