“Take a breath!”

Mount Nittany Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was taking my mother home from Western PA to Central PA and drove up this crazy road. On top of the mountain was this restaurant/bar. We stopped and we were pleasantly surprised. We had appetizers, drinks and lunch. One thing I should mention, my mother walks with assistance and the restaurant is extremely handicapped friendly. The bathrooms were very clean also. The food was excellent. I had the crab cake sandwich which was the best lump crab I've had since visiting the coast! My husband had a chicken sandwich on flat bread. He didn't speak because he was enjoying his food so much! The service was great. The Froggy Blush wine was delish! And lets not forget the view! It was a bit hazy, but still breathtaking! We enjoyed our lunch and headed down the other side of the mountain to continue our journey. Now that we know about this Inn we will make arrangements to stop again and again. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was not the first time we had eaten lunch at The Mount Nittany Inn... But today was a real disappoinment. First of all, We had a reservation for 1pm & I told them we were meeting our daughter for "lunch".. a speical Birthday Lunch. We were told they were only serving "brunch" until 4pm, after we were seated.. "Who serves brunch until 4pm? I guess the parking lot should of been a clue, there were only 5 cars in the lot. Because we are not familiar with the area we decided to stay.The menu was limited... We waited 35 minutes for a Burger & homemade chips, which were crumbs.. only 3 whole chips.. the rest were just crumbs.. a Salad, an Omelette that was greasy as all get out and a cup of Chili.. They were not busy... The food was Ok.. just Ok. Our server was not persoanable at all... when I told him we had a Birthday Person with Us.. He paid little or no attention. We all ordered a dessert ( which was over priced for the size ) and nothing... no Happy Birthday.. No Happy Lunch.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just had our wedding anniversary dinner there. It was during a thunderstorm, but even so the view was, as always, terrific (we've been there many times). The food was excellent - I had the Portobello steak dinner, and my wife the crab cakes. Both were delivered hot and were very flavorful. My appetizer, regular fries, were some of the best I've had in a long while, as were her crab cakes. Overall the prices were reasonable - our bill was about $70, with three drinks included.

The service was not so good. No bread offered, even though other tables had some, wings brought with no napkins or ranch dressing, fries with no catsup. And overall pretty slow. But our waitress was very pleasant, and unless the service is really abysmal, I always give servers the benefit of the doubt. Who knows what was going on with the kitchen, other guests or other servers?

Reviewed 28 July 2014

First the view is breath taking. It is a scenic overlook with great food. They had a nice wine list; good menu choices and the service was excellent. The night I dined there was a huge thunderstorm approaching from the west. We watch the magnificent bolts of lightning hit the ridge across the valley then the rain slowly crept in and the valley below disappeared into fog and torrential downpour. The "Fried Brie" appetizer was exceptional and my filet was grilled to perfection. While there the lights went out and the fire department showed up. The staff handled the stressful situation with ease and we continued to enjoy our dinner by candlelight.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The best thing about our visit was the view. We went in for Eggs Benedict and that was not very good. It was served with their country potatoes, which came out of the kitchen dark brown to almost black, and when we asked the server why they were so dark, he response was they are over cooked. Instead of correcting the problem, he just walked away. The rest of the food that was ordered at our table was fair, except for the 1/2 pound burger that my husband ordered he thought it was pretty good.