Fairville Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)
View Hotel
All reviewscarriage housethe main housebrandywine valleylongwood gardensb bgas fireplacebreakfast and afternoon teafrittataeach morningprivate deck overlookingwing chairscanopy bedyogurtbreakfast was deliciousnearby attractionsspring housetwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Four of us women of a certain age who met on a cruise had a wonderful 5-day reunion here. The location was perfect - within minutes of Winterthur, the DE Museum of Natural History, Longwood Gardens, and just a little farther but centrally located for Hagley - the first Dupont operation (a gunpowder factory), the DE Art Museum, and, in Chadds Ford, the Brandywine River Museum featuring all three Wyeths' art. A little farther afield, we enjoyed Booth's Corner Farmer's Market with Amish donuts, recommended by Laura and Old New Castle in the other direction.

The rooms were great, as well described by other reviewers. Still recovering from a knee replacement and suffering a broken wrist, I especially appreciated Carriage House 1.

Breakfasts were excellent with a choice of a delicious baked omelette, pancakes with varied added ingredients each day, or scrambled eggs that were always perfectly cooked with different meats each day. And, always, there was the option of fruited Greek yogurt, wonderful bran type cereal with added raisins, craisins, etc. and baked items, plus fresh fruit, juices, etc. The staff was wonderful in speedy serving of coffee to our caffeine fiend and there were a variety of teas for the rest of us.

Speaking of tea, that was a highlight -- a respite from our busy days and a chance to consider the wide variety of outstanding nearby restaurants that Rick and Laura recommended and offered to make reservations for us.

We all fell in love with Ozzie, their wonderful, gentle beggar dog who stole a cookie right out of my hand when I tried to take it with me -- without even touching my hand. He also likes cheese!

Summary: wonderful, friendly, attentive innkeepers who did everything possible to make sure we had a great experience within the inn and throughout our touristy days; inviting, clean, beautifully decorated rooms; excellent breakfasts with something for every taste; a very pleasant, relaxing teatime; and - did I mention - a perfect central location for visiting all the incredible attractions of northern Delaware and Pennsylvania's Brandywine Valley and indulging ourselves at great, nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandyinde
Reviewed 19 April 2014

stayed here for 2 nights, staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had good places for dinner.. Rooms were clean, tv's as previously posted were small. Breakfast was good. We will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights and was very pleasant but a bit pricey. Innkeepers quite nice and very attentive. Wonderful breakfast and great Tea in the afternoon. Grounds nice and well kept. Stayed in the Carriage House 1st floor, only complaint was hearing the folks above us. All in all a fine experience! LOCATION is perfect for seeing the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My mother, sister,and I stayed at the Inn over a weekend. We were visiting the area for the Downton Abbey exhibition at Winterthur. The Inn is very centrally located and the owners made us feel welcome. My mother celebrated her birthday and the chef made sure to give her a special birthday muffin at breakfast. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Carriage House rooms are perfect for a girls weekend get-away
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My girlfriend and I came to Chadds Ford last weekend to stay at the Fariville Inn, check out some surrounding towns/attractions, and try a restaurant in Wilmington, DE, and had a fantastic time. The major factor in our enjoyment: the Fairville Inn. The owners and staff could not have been more helpful, and gave numerous suggestions of what to do in the area and even offered to help us pick a restaurant and make a reservation for us.

The rooms are extraordinarily clean and decorated in an early-American sort of bent. Though that's not usually my preferred decor style, it all work here. Everything is really tastefully done, and everyone is committed to providing grade-A customer service.

The breakfast was a real highlight of the weekend (I'm a foodie, so I'm not joking): the omelet and french toast we got were outstanding. The breakfast was NOT prepared how you would expect it, and I mean that as a very sincere compliment. It was one of the freshest, best breakfasts I have ever eaten.

I usually do not stay in bed and breakfasts, but I'd recommend this over a run-of-the-mill hotel any day of the week. If you're into some personality, and want your stay in the Chadds Ford area to be an actually unique experience, make a reservation at the Fairville Inn.

I also want to extend my gratitude to the staff for letting us reschedule our trip. Initially, my girlfriend and I had planned to make a trek here over Valentine's Day weekend, but got hit with a snowstorm. The staff allowed us to reschedule our trip with no added fees or hassle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple