“Pizza Delightful, Finally!!!”

Cuisines: American
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Pizza Delightful, Finally!!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Once we received our pizza it was really good. Wood fired pizza with great sauce. However it took 40 plus minutes to get after we ordered. They weren't very busy. The pizza was extremely hot which is a good thing, but the knives were not sharp enough to cut crust!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Debbie H

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

On our way to Fallingwater this morning, we passed through this little town and saw this busy little cafe. We actually turned the car around to give it a try. Good coffee and espresso. Their breads are all homemade, biscuits, muffins, bread. And were delicious. The food was fresh, the service friendly. We even got cookies to go for later! Very happy surprise in the most unexpected of places.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gizmo7725
Philadelphia
“Terrific find!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Yes I said that this place provided some of the best meals I've had in a restaurant - that needs context of course. It's not a five star haute cusine place. But for a breakfast, lunch and casual dinner place, it's one of the best. Fresh ingredients, ably cooked and homemade bread and jams. It's a small, family-run place that does a great job and keeps the menu small and, as a result entirely do-able. They are building a larger restaurant which will be opened in about a year and I'm eager to see what they do with it, but in the mean time, stop by - well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Harrietlou
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Local Favorite”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Brick Oven is one of the only restaurants left that actually cooks with all REAL ingredients! If you're looking for a quick "get-in and get-out" meal that is microwaved like most franchises, this is not the place for you. They serve quality food, but you'll have to wait a few minutes to enjoy it.

Fresh cut fries, hand dipped onion rings, smoked/carved meats, homemade breads and other bakery treats. They have the absolute best french toast I've ever eaten. It's light and fluffy, full of flavor, and dusted with a light coating of powdered sugar. The homemade jam is the perfect touch to all their sweet treats.

It's thrilled to see the new building in progress and can't wait to visit a bigger restaurant with a larger staff!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Teresa M
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Good for lunch or dinner, but best for breakfast”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This small, family owned restaurant makes a simple but very nice lunch or dinner, if burgers, salads and pizza are what you crave. We've had lunch and dinner their several times and we've enjoyed our food.

But breakfast? I'm a woman "of a certain age" and this past Sunday I had the BEST pancakes I've ever had in my entire life. Yes. My entire life. Light, fluffy and delicious. Ask for their homemade jam and use that instead of syrup. You won't regret it. They also make an awesome egg, meat and cheese sandwich and it's very reasonably priced. I've heard the cinnamon rolls are good, although I've never had one.

Give this place a try if you're driving on Route 40 through the mountains. I think you'll be back.

• Visited April 2013