“Satisfied softball team family”

Hampton Inn Chambersburg
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Elkridge, United States
“Satisfied softball team family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff were very helpful when we asked if our softball team families could sit together in one of the meeting rooms to eat a late pizza dinner together. They unlocked a room for us and brought additional chairs to the room for us. Also stocked hot water for cocoa for the girls who played their hearts out in a nearby tournament (4 games from 9:30am-8:30pm). Thanks! We were hoping to use the pool but our day ran too long.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We're glad we were able to accommodate your team's pizza party. We like to make it possible for groups to be able to 'hang out' together. We're happy you chose us, and hope that you will have the opportunity to return. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Springfield NH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Traveling from Tennessee to NH needed a place to rest my head for the night. Easy Off and in the morning easy on the highway. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Room was comfortable and just the right size. Clean, Efficient, Friendly - what more could a traveler ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clean, Efficient, and Friendly is what we strive for every day with our guests. I'm pleased to hear that we achieved that for you. Thank you for choosing to stay with. We appreciate the review.
nutley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Traveling home from Georgia to New Jersey and needed a good nights sleep. Everything was wonderful and no problems. The most peaceful stay in a hotel that I have experienced in a long time. The staff was attentive and kind, and the breakfast was fresh and tasty. Thanks Chambersburg Hampton Inn!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We're so happy to hear that you had a peaceful night's sleep with us! That is a great compliment! I will pass your review onto my staff. They love to hear when guests recognize them. Thank you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Location was easy access, rooms were clean, neat and they had professional staffing in place. The breakfast was okay, and in a pinch we would have ate there, but there is a Bob Evans that shares the parking lot, so we opted for that instead. No issues, (only stayed one night), but was worth the cost.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us! We appreciate that you have many places to choose from. Thank you for choosing Hampton.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My and my wife stayed here when we took a trip to Gettysburg. It is a great location to major roads and the stay was amazing. The entire hotel was clean and all of the staff was helpful and nice. The breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We hope you had a great time visiting Gettysburg! We are a 30 minute scenic drive from Gettysburg. We're so pleased that enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will have the opportunity to return.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn June 19-21, 2014. This is a typical Hampton Inn: clean and nicely appointed. Everyone that works here seemed very nice. The room was clean as expected. Breakfast area was nice.

My review should not be seen as a get-even with Hampton Inn for some ill-perceived personal slight. Hampton Inn is my first choice, if at all possible, when traveling on my own expense. When I travel for my job I have to stay where Corporate puts me -- which is seldom as nice as Hampton Inn.

I have in my career stayed in a lot of motel rooms. I know bed bug bites when I get them. It's not the first time I've been in this movie. I have never had any reason to suspect Hampton Inn of having this particular problem, but a few days after checking out, when I was back home, bed bugs bites became noticeable on my leg. (A few days delay before noticeable irritation is typical of bed-bug bites.)

This Hampton Inn bed is the only bed other than my own that I have slept in the last 6 months. And I have now slept at home for over four weeks with no further signs of bed-bug bites. Therefore it is safe to assume that the infestation is not at my house. And I can say with 99.9% accuracy that I got bit by bed bugs in Room #317 (if I remember correctly) at this Hampton Inn, even though I saw no visible evidence of bed bugs in the room. (I didn't look for physical evidence, having no reason to suspect them.)

I do not make this accusation lightly. I like Hampton Inn, and will continue to use them. But it is my duty to communicate this to others.

Room Tip: Check room for evidence of bed bugs before bringing luggage into the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Slim P
Our sincerest apologies that you had a problem. I have contacted you via email in regard to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Our staff is well trained to look for evidence on the mattress, frame, headboard, and box springs to make certain this is not an issue.
Blairsville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

So sorry I booked this Hampton Inn.Very nice staff and then it goes downhill from there Not as clean as most Hampton Inns~very poor tv reception and extremely slow internet My husband asked the staff about this and they said if your pc is older then one year it won't work well with there wifi WHAT is that The landscape lighting shined directly in our window and even closing the shade didn't help that much ~the very small closet is on the other side of the desk so you have to move furniture out of the way to get to it and the breakfast area is set up as you either eat at a long counter or table with everyone else or you sit in their compfy chairs and try and balance your food on your lap My husband asked for the coffee and the attendant snapped at him that it was out there he told her it was empty and she just grumbled at him We did not stay for their breakfast and it will not be a hotel will ever stay at again I have stayed at several hotels in the Hilton chain and haven't had a problem and seems a very high price to pay for what you get

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank margaret d
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. I have removed your charges per our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and emailed a new receipt. I am sorry the room was not the clean that you expect with Hampton. I will discuss this with our staff. We hope you will continue to choose Hampton.