Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg
BestWestern.com
US$149
Hampton.com
US$58
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Red Roof
All reviewsroom was cleannormal breakfastindoor poolbreakfast serviceyogurtfitness centerbob evansoff the highwayenglish muffinsstayed one nightnice breakfastnice staybaconjoshholderinnsconvenience
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Three reasons I always stay at a Marriot - clean, comfortable bed, and nice shower. The bed at this Marriot was so uncomfortable, I woke up aching. The place was clean and modern. And the shower was only decent.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D P
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Compared to other hotels that are part of the Marriott family, this one was sadly lacking. It was okay, but certainly not as good as other Fairfield Inns I’ve stayed in. We stayed Friday to Sunday and it sounded as if the placed was booked solid for the weekend.

My husband and I made reservations for a king suite, which is supposed to be equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. When we arrived and started unpacking, I realized that I couldn’t find the refrigerator…because it wasn’t in the room! I called the front desk and was told, based on my room number, I should have one. I told the clerk that I couldn’t find it, and she said that the microwave is sitting on top of it. However, there was no microwave either. She found this to be odd and immediately offered to move us to another room…right next to the elevator. Since I found that to be an unsatisfactory idea (our room was at the end of the hall as far from the elevator as you could get), I suggested that she get someone to move the refrigerator from that room to ours. After some negotiation -- we could store our stuff in the hotel kitchen (not too convenient) or we could make do without one and get refunded $10 for the 2 nights we'd be there -- we finally got the refrigerator moved to our room.

We’re Marriott reward members and our profile states that we like feather pillows. This has never been a problem before, and there are always feather pillows on the bed when we arrive. Like the refrigerator, there were no feather pillows in our room, so we had to call (again) and ask for them. When we got back from dinner, they were on the bed.

The complimentary breakfast was good. In addition to the typical muffins, rolls, and cereals, there were make-your-own waffles, French toast, yogurt, and breakfast sandwiches. The only negative was that there was not much room to move around to get the food without bumping into other hotel guests.

We checked out on Sunday, and we weren’t the only ones. There were so many people leaving at the same time (around 9 AM), that we had to wait for the elevator to take a group down before coming back up. As we were waiting, we could hear the elevator stop at the floor below us and someone from housekeeping was vacuuming it out. Now, I realize that the elevator needs to be cleaned as well as any other part of the hotel, but when there’s only one in the building and you know it’s going to be a busy check-out day, you should wait until after check-out time! By the time it arrived to our floor, there was a line of people waiting to use it.

Like I said, this hotel was sufficient for our needs, but not even close to the standards I expected. If I’m ever in Chambersburg again, it’s unlikely that I’ll stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stopped after 7 hours on the road, we were tired.. Needed two rooms and the sweet desk attendant gave us the rooms for $65 each. There was decaf coffee and tea in the lobby which was great to end a long drive. Breakfast was normal.. Nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a typical Fairfield Inn. On the plus side they offered blueberry waffle batter as well as regular waffle batter. Mixed fruit was also quite good. Everything else was the usual for breakfast. Our check-in was a little slow but the fellow apologized a number of times as he was still in training and wanted to be sure he got everything right--totally understandable and we were not in any hurry--he was friendly, helpful and engaging. Our room was fine (a little maintenance needed on the bathroom door but nothing major and we reported this issue before we checked out). Beds as usual very comfortable. TV worked fine. The only bad thing was the heating system fan which was quite loud every time it turned on so it did disrupt sleep to some degree but not overly so--they would do well do quiet that down a bit. But I really cannot complain--overall we got a good night's rest which was the purpose of the hotel stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Traveled to Chambersburg, PA for the weekend with friends. Did not have reservations anywhere. Stopped at several other hotels around, but the Fairfield offered the best rate. Was clean & comfortable. Breakfast area is a little small, but other than that, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends