“Great Hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed there over the weekend, was closest, reasonably priced hotel I could find to Gettysburg for Rememberance Day weekend. Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly. Breakfast items were well stocked and the hostess was always available if you needed anything, I never left hungry. If you want a full spread Baconalia breakfast then you should probably look for a more expensive hotel, or Dennys is right next door. Flat screen HDTVs in room were nice. Don't know what the previous reviewer was talking about regarding the coffee, seemed fine to me and I drink it everyday, they must be used to that high octane Starbucks stuff. I definitely recommend and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmh122
Julie F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for such a great review. Suzanne is such a pleasant lady and is always striving to ensure you do not leave hungry. Our Housekeeping department will be happy to hear and see this review as well as the entire staff. Look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here two nights, and appreciated the helpful staff. The bed was lumpy, and we could feel the springs(?). The breakfast was the usual cold one, with truly terrible weak coffee. The hotel was mis-located on the map on the Marriott website.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your reviews for our hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff was helpful with your needs. I do apologize that the bed was not up to your standards and the coffee was not as strong as you like, will look into that. We are going through a complete renovation that will include new beds as well as a hot breakfast. In the mean time if you have any suggestions on food items you would like to see please email me or call me and I will do everything I can to make that happen.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

With over 20 years of observing this hotel, our latest stay has to be among the best! New management has taken an active hand to bring the unit back to excellence. Cleaner, under a new Housing Keeping manager, the facility is neater, and the change in personnel at the front desk makes the experience more friendly. From quick and efficient check-in with Kate through check-out, this stay was highlighted by fresh linens on the beds, new towels in the bath, and no dust. Even the elevator was vacuumed. Had not seen that in a long time during past visits. More changes coming with renovations this winter; that planning should include new carpeting in that elevator. But please don't remove the "Ho Ho Ho" etching inside the door, It's been there for ages and gives us old timers a sense of continuity. Other upgrades planned and a new facade for the front! Would say third floor - odd numbers if you want to be away from the interstate traffic noise. Thanks for a grand visit. The complimentary breakfast is more than adequate. Biscuits and gravy as an added choice after the upgrade would be nice!!!! Management and staff your on the right path. Keep the quality and customer care focus going! Glad to have you moving back to excellence in the Marriott family of homes away from home!

Room Tip: Third floor odd numbers on east end puts you further away from the interstate noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Mr. Bryon, You are part of the family and we love having you and your wife stay with us. Thank you for noticing how hard we have worked to build the hotel based on the Marriott Standards. Kate is such a gem as is our entire staff. Housekeeping is under new management as well and Terry and her staff continues to work harder each day. The renovations will hopefully be coming soon and we are excited to continue building on the foundation we have started. Biscuts and Gravy is at the top of the list for you and I will try to keep the "Ho Ho Ho" in the elevator.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have stayed here 2-3 times before. Clean, free breakfast, front desk folks are friendly. Few minutes from Army base. Marriott continues to offer hotels for any budget. While this facility is not a 5 star resort, it does offer a clean room and comfortable bed at a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Julie F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Shawn,

Thank you so much for the great rating. We do take pride in our hotel and with our renovations under way, we are looking to become a 5 star hotel. Please continue to stay with us and if there is anything that I can do in the future please do not hesitate to ask myself or our award winning staff.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Motorcycle trip for 3 couples to York, PA. The hotel was clean & secure and the staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions & coupons. The breakfast area was clean and the breakfast selection was good. We stayed 2 nights & Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our facility.. You folks had such a way's to travel on your Motorcycle and traveled through the rain, glad you made it and felt safe to stay with us. It looks like Motorcycle season will be a little while till we thaw out, but when we do would be honored to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I don't think I've ever given a Marriott property less than a good to excellent rating, but this one deserves a fair rating. I stayed here June 20, 2013. I didn't have a bad experience, but I found the hotel a bit grungy. The personnel was pleasant and my room ended costing less (I had reserved a king room and they changed it to a double), which was good. My issue was that the hotel felt grungy. Even my 10 year old mentioned that it wasn't clean. The hallway and elevator seemed as if they had not been vacuumed for a while. Normally, when I enter a Marriott property, it smells fresh and clean. Not the case here. The room was dated, the bathroom really small and the sink area was not inside the bathroom. The sink did not appear to have been scrubbed, maybe just quickly wiped down after the last guests left. The room just did not feel clean. Thankfully, I carry cleaning supplies. The bed felt clean, but the room carpet did not. I did not sleep well. Not sure if it was the bed or the grungy appearance of the room. Breakfast was ok, your typical Marriott continental breakfast. The price was good, under a hundred, but I won't stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Julie F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I do sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. We have made changes to staffing our staffing in housekeeping and if you notice it has made a difference. We are going through complete renovations at the end of the year and would love you to stay with us again. Please feel free to call me or email me so that we could discuss your concerns further.

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Marriott hotel where my bed was not comfortable. I had my choice of two double beds or one double bed for the same price. I took the one double bed. I felt the price should have been less than the $100 I spent.

The room was OK. Nothing special for furniture or size. But it was very clean. However, my bed had some kind of pad on it that bunched up during tossing and turning at night and became very uncomfortable. Therefore, I did not sleep well.

Staff was pleasant and gave me a list of restaurants in the area. I was on a trip and when I came back that way, I chose a Country Inn & Suites, which was way superior to this hotel for the same money and a nicer breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We are planning on going through a complete renovation hopefully by the end of the year and would love for you to stay with us. I understand that does not change the fact that the bed was uncomfortable and you did not sleep well, however I truly hope that you will stay with us in the future and allow us to make this up you. Please contact me via email or by phone so that I can ensure your stay would be up to the Marriott standards we all expect.