“Not a new motel, but it's ok.”

Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed one night while traveling to Hershey. Checked in late at night, grateful that a room was available. Front desk service was good. Guest in front of me had a coupon from one of those books you get at gas stations. I didn't get to hear her rate, but I do know there is a $15 charge per pet. My walk in rate was around $88, almost $100 After taxes and a ridiculous charge for a room safe we didn't use.

Room was a bit worn, but it was OK. We had two queens, a small micro and fridge.

Had to actually check out at the front desk, but that was no issue, especially since I found free USA Today and Wall Street Journal newspapers.

Breakfast was included, but we did not eat there. It looked liked standard fare, including cereal, juice, and fruit.

• Stayed: September 2011
Brian M M, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad you received good service from our staff. I hope you join us again the next time you are passing through Chambersburg.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Comfort Inn scores big again! The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and eficient and the room was super clean. It's a little older hotel that's been refurbished - some of the carpets need to be replaced - but it was clean!! That's so important today. Also, it's pet friendly - that's really big in our book. The breakfast was really good too. Can't say enough good things about this Comfort Inn location. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We take pride in our clean rooms and friendly service. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the Chambersburg Area.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

we have stayed here numerous times this year with my husband on business in the area. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the location convenient. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Thank you for the great review! We pride ourselves on clean rooms and friendly service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed 11 December 2010

The room could use an upgrade. Not enough lighting or plugs for computer and electronics to use and get charged. Comfort Inn Capital City is MUCH better and not that far away.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on tripadvisor.com. I am glad we were able to meet your needs in location, cleanliness, and service. Also, thank you for your constructive comments about the lighting in your room, as it is helpful to know the things we can improve upon. I hope you visit us again your next time through Chambersburg.

Reviewed 28 November 2010

I am still here actually. Once I settled in with all my belongings my family and I went to enjoy the spa and pool. The spa was broken, there was no heater and the pool itself proclaiming to have been heated was a fridige temperature and when I came to my room I found a drawer filled with snacks and open containers from the previous guests. I brought it to the front desks attention and she told me there was no cleaning person to clean it out for me and asked if I wanted a new room, making not to tell the room maids they missed it. I obliged and can say if that didn't happen my stay would have been overall alright and decent.

• Stayed: November 2010
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us know what went well with your stay as well as the things we can improve on. I am glad overall you had a good stay; however, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. This type of service should not have happened and it has given us a good opportunity to reinforce the procedures with our staff. Thanks again for staying at the Comfort Inn Chambersburg. We look forward to your next visit with us

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I am sitting in my room at this hotel writing this review. I read the most recent reviews on this hotel and would like to say that if you have a problem when you arrive it should be brought to the immedate attention of the hotel. Also, for the travelers who did not like the location---you should have inquired about the distance from this hotel to restaurants, the highway, etc.

Now for my review: I am in Chambersburg to visit my daughter who attends Shippensburg University (you get a discount). I stayed previous stays at a Best Western closer to the school but it was booked so I had to search for somewhere else and I'm glad I did. I called a few times inquiring about my reservation and each time the person on the other end of the phone was helpful and very friendly. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was very helpful. She helped us with finding a restaurant and gave us directions---very helpful. My room was on the 2nd floor and I have to agree with another traveler and say that the hallway did smell of smoke (which is why i took off one mark for cleanliness). However, the room did NOT smell like smoke at all and was very clean. Breakfast was fine---it's your typical continental breakfast and then some. As I started to make my waffle in the morning, someone came over to assist me---she was very helpful--she got me butter and took the waffle out of the pan for me. I happened to forget toothpaste I went to the desk with my waffle and all my condements and the front desk woman gave me toothpaste and said i should put my items in a plastic bag to make it easier and she helped me out as well. This hotel has excellent customer service! Everyone I came in contact with was very courteous and helpful. The Chambersburg Mall is a very short ride - the hotel is in the same parking lot. We drove just to the next exit on I-81 to go out to eat at a hibachi type restaurant and it was a 10-15 minute ride and there are many restaurants, Brusters, Target, etc. This was at exit 17 of I-81. I will always stay here when I come to Shippensburg even if it is a little further away from the college than the other hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank donnat220
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear you received excellent customer service from our staff. Please be sure to join us again on your next trip to Chambersburg. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

We had a wonderful suite, very large, loved the fact that we could have a large 2 room suite and a jacuzzi in room for $100. Other hotels in this area were the same price for a single small room with a queen size bed. Our king size bed was very comfortabe. The place was very clean and quiet. We enjoyed a free hot breakfast before continuing our trip. We'll time our next trip so we can stay here agin each night up and back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your survey and comments. We are glad we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable lodging. We look forward to being of service to you again when your travels bring you back to the Chambersburg area!