“Small town friendliness”

Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 6 February 2008

I can't say enough about how the front staff went out of their way to assist us in anyway they could. A stay for 2 weeks away from home can be a long time but the evening shift in particular was extremly helpful.

One of my favorite parts was the waffle irons.The Waffle iron was easy to use but staff was always there if someone neded assistance. i would love to have one of those at home. Rest of breakfast also good. Hard boiled eggs, bagels, cereal etc. You could only blame yourself if you went away hungrey.

Very convenient having a refrigerator and microwave in your room especially when staying two weeks

Pet Friendly- I didn't have a pet but hotel staff was very nice to all pets. I saw a variety of types of dogs in my stay. I never heard a bark or saw any kind of mess from any pet who stayed here.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 November 2007

My mother and I, and a couple friends of ours stayed here for 2 nights back in May. The stay was just plain average. The guy who checked us in at the front desk acted as if he wanted nothing to do with us, which didn't really make us feel welcome. Plus, the continental breakfast was awful! It mainly consisted of junk food that looked like it had been bought at the local gas station (I instead recommend you have breakfast at the nearby McDonalds), and the beds weren't too comfortable either.
On the other hand, the rooms were nice and clean and the pool and whirlpool were nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 8 October 2006

Having reserved a room 1-1/2 weeks in advance for a king bed, non smoking, whirlpool bath, I was notified the day before needing the room, they could not give us the room. We would have to take a room with 2 queen beds only. Arriving for our stay we found 1 queen bed and only 2 pillows. The bed was lumpy and the mattress pad wasn't fit, Decaffinated coffee only, and only 2 desk chairs and table for furniture. This reminded me of a $35.00 a night room. Having found Comfort Inns in the past to be unsatisfactory I think this is it for Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2006

This was the most enjoyable stay I have ever had a hotel. The property is immaculate and the staff is great. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Port Jefferson Station, NY
Reviewed 2 July 2006

Had planned on staying in Gettysburg but high price and limited room availabilty made me look elsewhere. For under a $100 on a friday night I was pleasantly surprised.

Other reviews stated the lack of cleanliness but the room we stayed in, which by the way was a smoking room, was immaculate. The room had two beds and both were comfortable and clean.

My only gripe would be the continental breakfast. It was ok but other places offer more variety.

• Stayed: July 2006
Montgomery, PA
Reviewed 26 June 2006

My recent stay at this Comfort Inn was very disappointing. The sheets on my bed had crumbs and hairs on them. I would not recommend staying at this hotel

Stayed: June 2006
Shelby Township, MI
Reviewed 13 October 2005

Card/Key system would take 3 or 4 tries before it would work, front desk clerk had an attitude when I told her I couldn't get it to work, and the room was not made up after my first night in the room. Comfort Inns are better than this one.

• Stayed: October 2004