“Clean and Friendly stay.”

Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Clean and Friendly stay.”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was a very affordable and clean place for me and my family to stay. The desk clerk was very friendly and answered all of our questions for us, made us feel very welcome. All of the staff was very professional. The room was clean (and I am very picky abou these things) and housekeeping did a good job keeping up on our daily needs with towels and such. I love having a continental breakfast, everything was delicious and most importantly the kids were happy. They have waffles and sausage, not just your basic cold cereal stuff. It was nice having an indoor pool to take advantage of, especially with the fickle weather. The pool was clean, and very refreshing. If you need an affordable and clean place to stay this is it. We are very happy with our experience here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We really appreciate your comments and praise on our cleanliness and service being up to standards. We are glad that you choose us for your stay needs and we always enjoy when we are able to be a part of your good memories. Should you come back this way we invite you to stay again. Have a great rest of the summer.
Best Regards,
Kathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sunset, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Even with a non-smoking room, the cigarette smoke was everywhere: in the entryway, lobby, elevator, and the hallways. People were out in the parking lot smoking, and it was full of cigarette butts. The recption is was efficient and very lovely. The room was clean and neat, but the smoke came in through the walls and the floor. Awful night sleep; got a sinus infection.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
I want to apologize for your below standard experience last month. I assure you this is not the norm for our facility. I have addressed this issue and hope that in the future you will consider giving us another try. We appreciate you mentioning the condition of the room being clean and neat. Thank you for the opportunity to improve through your feedback.
Best regards,

Travellers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was our second time staying at this particular hotel. Our first visit our toilet overflowed within 10 min of arriving and we were handed a plunger by the front desk staff. This visit there had been a leak in a room across the hall and we had to walk through blowing fans, cords and the stench of mildew to get to our room. The room was very outdated, the matress had stains on it and was sliding off the boxspring and behind the bed the floor was filthy with debris and old tissues. I wouldn't allow my children to walk barefoot on the carpet- just felt dirty in there. In the breakfast area there were yellow stains in the ceiling and the chairs had stains on them. They also do allow pets in this hotel- not a plus when you have children that are allergic to animals. We will definitely be looking for a different place the next time we stay in this area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nifinjer
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this review, 19 September 2015
I apologize for your poor experience. We are working on those issues. Thank you for letting us know.
Best regards,
Kathy
Roxbury, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Right off of I-81...at Exit 20 in Pennsylvania.........Room clean and very comfortable, everyone that we encounted was very helpful and friendly on the staff. The breakfast setup was great. We stay here on our way south and back north each year.. Excellent service and highly recommend

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed here in October as all hotels in Gettysburg were sold out. It is very convenient with I81 close by. The room for the most part was clean and had lot's of space. However, the positive's stopped there. First of all the hotel needs allot of TLC. Dirty entrance area complete with cigarette butts, gum etc. Pool had stains. Whirlpool in room was filthy. Place needs painted. My room just happened to be next to the elevator and ice machine, so I expected some noise and I wasn't dissapointed to say the least with all those doggies taking a break from the stairs. Speaking of which make sure you love dogs, I lucked out because there was a dog show for German Sheppard's somewhere around the hotel, or in the lobby lol. As such this pet friendly hotel was transformed in a kennel. Oh ya, the maid forgot to clean my room between Friday and Saturday. I called to see about some housekeeping when I returned at roughly 7pm, but there was no other staff on, only the front desk employee. So, I picked up some fresh towels from the front desk. It was odd though becasue the employee made me feel like she was the one who was inconvenienced as she had to get up and retrieve them from an adjacent room.
I guess

Room Tip: Don't choose one. Period.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jays201517
Brian M M, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry we were not able to meet your needs but I appreciate the feedback you have given. It gives us some opportunities to make some improvements. I hope you might give us a try again on your next visit to the Chambersburg area.
North, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2011

our group stayed here for a dog show in beautiful caldonia park, the staff went above and beyond to accomadate us with our very large dogs, every one was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, not just pastries, fresh fruit and coffee available at all times

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. That was a great weekend and I am glad we were able to be your hotel for it. We look forward to you staying with us again on your next trip to the Chambersburg area.
Hughesville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This was a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean and comfy, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful, and your breakfast setup was great. My husband who is an early riser loved being able to sit in the lobby and drink coffee at 0500 in the morning (which let me sleep haha). Anyway, I know customers are the first to complain, so I wanted to thank you and your staff for a very nice weekend with great rates. Wish you were closer to Southern, MD and we'd make it a regular place for us to stay, but should the ISSDC dog club stay there again, we will not hesitate to make our reservations with you again or if we are in that area for whatever reason. thanks
Donna and Bob Conley

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donna C
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. The entire staff enjoyed your group and the weekend you stayed with us. I am glad we were able to meet and exceed your needs. I hope we might have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.