“It's ok, but thin walls...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Toledo
“It's ok, but thin walls...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Checkin was very quick and nice. When I got to the room, the AC unit was very noisy, and I heard what I thought was a partially deaf person next door with how loud his TV set was playing. I requested another room, and my request was quickly and efficiently taken care of. The second room was nice, and everything seemed in order. However, when the room next to me was occupied, I realized that the noise in the first room was normal, and the walls were very thin. I used ear plugs for my stay...

The location of the hotel was a little ways from Chambersburg, but that was not a problem for us. This is a dry county.

Breakfast was typical continental, and what was offered in that way was good. I did try the eggs, but they had an off taste to me, including the hard boiled ones. We ended up going to a local diner for the rest of the trip, because I do like to have more than the rolls that were available. That's just my preference.

The last night there, we had a torrential rainstorm(4-5" overnight) beating on the window. I woke up to a flood about three feet out from the AC unit. This is far from a normal rain, so I'm assuming this was an unusual situation.

Most of the problems were minor, except for the thin walls. The wall problem is why I have rated this as only average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. This is how we improve and strive to make every guests stay a great one. We are glad your check in was quick and smooth. We are sorry you were caught in the rain storm with us and have since taken the appropriate actions. Please come see us again should you find yourself in this part of the country.

Kathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
eastern KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Exceptionally clean, service excellent and convenience to US 81 - this is a keeper when traveling the interstate. Breakfast area very well maintained and assortment of breafast food was more than sufficient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to revue your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and that the location right off the interstate worked well for you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Thank you!
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Clean room and comfortable bed. We arrived on Friday evening and went to use the pool. It was very cold so we just used the hot tub to relax. I mentioned to night front desk clerk the pool temperature was very cold and she stated she didn't know how to check pool temperature would have maintenance check it out. On Saturday we went to visit Gettysburg and came back and went to pool and it was just as cold as the night before. Two other couples came into the pool area and also stated it was to cold to get into the pool, but they also used the hot tub. On Sunday morning i mentioned to front desk that pool was very cold. She stated someone earleir that day also metioned cold pool issue to her. She stated she didn't know how to adjust pool temperature but would mention it to maintenance, but they wouldn't be in until Monday. Not sure why weekend guests would not have issues addressed if maintenace personell are not available on weekends. I would think pool thermostat could be addressed with a little bit of training from management.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting me know that there was a gap in our training. I have had each one of my staff trained on this item and I apologize for your visit being blelow standards. We try and give every guest the best of experiences. Without your feedback we would not have known. We hope that you will give us another try when you pass this way again.

Thank you!

Richmond VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This property was recommended by friends whom my wife and I were in town to visit, and it easily lived up to its billing. We arrived on a Sunday evening and were greeted most warmly by the night clerk, who picked an especially quiet room for us and took care of other details to assist us. The room was more than adequate, with extra pillows and good coverings. An in-room refrigerator also proved useful. Another item I was glad to find was a hotel-style luggage cart big enough for me to make one trip with all our bags and other gear. As for overall service, it was excellent. The only issue that arose was a malfunctioning clock radio, which the staff promptly replaced. If I have any quibbles, the only ones I can think of are: (1) It would have been nice to have a semi-transparent curtain behind the main curtain to allow some natural light into the room while protecting privacy, and (2) To plug in a laptop at the room's table, it was necessary to unplug one of the two lamps connected to the nearby wall outlet. But these inconveniences were very minor.

Room Tip: Although this motel is located very close to I-81, we did not experience any noise problems, thanks...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback on the pros as well as the cons of your visit. This is how we grow and meet the expectations of our guests. We are in the process of upgrades that will include the very items that you took issue with. We continue to greet every guest so that they feel like we are their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are here to visit your friends. Tell them thank you from us!

Laurel, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The stay at this hotel was very relaxing, care free, and comfortable. As I walked in the front door, The Guest Relations person welcomed me with a smile. The hotel didn’t have that overused, old smoke, nasty smell. It was very clean, and the housekeeping staff themselves were very well dressed and presentable. The rooms were nice and neat, and the air conditioning was top notch! So nice to be able to sleep in comfort, and at the temperature that I want, not the hotel owners. Unfortunately we didn’t have the time to hit the pool, even through it was screaming my name! The night was peaceful, and quiet. The breakfast was not shabby at all either! Everything that was supposed to be hot was, and everything that was supposed to be cold was cold. This was an overall restful, peaceful, and enjoyable stay! I would definitely stay in the same hotel when in the area! Thanks to the staff of the Comfort Inn of Chambersburg!

Room Tip: Room 213 temperature control is on point! it stays at the tempoerature you want!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW! Thank you so much for giving us a great review! I am so glad that your visit was a success. Our pool and hot tub are open year around so we would love to have you back so that you could try it our. We try and greet every guest like it was our home. Hope to see you soon!

Portage MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to Gettysburg. It is a very nice place. The indoor pool was great, clean, and warm. Our room was pretty large, and had a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were comfortable. It was quiet, except when people were talking in the hall at midnight.The person who checked us in, Kathy, was the manager and was very helpful and friendly. She helped us find a place to eat, and gave us directions to Gettysburg. Breakfast was good. The price was very reasonable; maybe we were far enough away from Gettysburg and the 150th celebration.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side away from the road, and at the end away from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thanks JustJon for letting others know what a great time you had on your trip! We really appreciate that you were able to enjoy all the ammenities and we hope that you will be back again next year. Thanks again!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stopped here overnight on the way to South Carolina. On the outside, hotel is on the older side, but the interior seems to have been redone more recently. Beds were very comfortable, and there's two pillow choices, soft & firm, so for once, our family of 4 had plenty of comfortable pillows. Room seemed fine in terms of cleanliness. The hotel also offers 24 hour coffee and hot water for hot chocolate and tea in the lobby which was a nice treat when we checked in at 11pm. Decent free breakfast offering waffles, oatmeal, cereal, donuts, and some other pastry type products. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price was not as good as we hoped, but considering that the Gettysburg 150th was happening at the same time, it's as good as we could have gotten. Though the kids got a kick out of seeing the reenactors all dressed up in Civil War era garb while eating breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for your time and comments on your stay. We appreciate the feedback and use this to improve for our guests. The reenactors were really neat. I have several pictures of them. We look forward to seeing you again should you be in this area. Safe travels.