All reviews parking lot room was clean oatmeal mini fridge outdoor pool english muffin would stay here again chuck interstate gentleman motel coupon route exit hairdryer miles
Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Didn't know what to expect, so was pleased with my experience. My room for a two-night stay had two queen beds; the one I used was quite comfortable and everything was very clean. Even though this hotel is close to the Interstate, it was extremely quiet and had most of the accoutrements all hotels have these days. The breakfast was good for a budget-type hotel, with cereals, English muffins, make-your-own waffles and two different juices.

Now for the bad part. I agree with reviewer LoisLane_S17 that the parking area didn't seem safe, probably because it was a big empty place, the parking is not close to the entrance and the lot is shared by a "Hoss" steak house. But that is just my impression. Nothing occurred to me or my car.

I think "dingy" is being too hard on this place. I agree that the carpeting in the halls and rooms is very dark, but merely changing it to a lighter shade would make the whole place brighter and more inviting.

The heating/AC unit did its job, but it's old and very noisy. Moreover, the labels on the buttons are worn off, so you must guess what you're selecting. The other things that needed some TLC were the toilet seat, which was loose, and the shower, which was stuck in the "shower" position. Consequently you got a face full of cold water as soon as you turned on the water. I reported these problem to the front desk when I checked out. I had no opportunity to tell them earlier so I can't comment on how fast management corrected problems.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Do not stop here. Depressing, dingy, dank and stuffy rooms. Did not sleep a wink. I agree with other reviewers about the weird smell in the rooms. Also the parking did not feel safe to me. The check-in at the front desk was chilly, the gentleman appeared annoyed to have to deal with us. In short, for $80 you can probably do much better elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here with my mom and three children fro two nights. It is an older hotel, but very well maintained and clean. The free breakfast in the morning was more than enough and we slept like rocks at night. The manager and all the staff are very friendly and even provided me with laundry detergent for the washer. I wish we had time for the outdoor pool as it looked inviting. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stopped here on our way to West Virginia. The hotel was packed, so we were relieved when there was 1 room left. Well, it was one thing after another in our room, but we couldn't do anything about it because we were exhausted & there were no vacancies in other hotels. When we first got in, the strong smell of paint hit us. Then 1 out of the 4 lights worked. Went to the bathroom, the toilet was dirty. When we went to use the sink outside the bathroom, there was no cold water, so when we washed our hands, we had to take them out every 2 seconds. Last but not the least, the water in the shower was brown & the hot water won't turn off. We had to get someone to come up & fix it. We've stayed at other Days Inns before, and they were never like this.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family