“Very relaxing stay,”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 8 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hard to understand his English, not when we checked in, he was fine, but checking out and not sure why we could not take a coffee to go it was all ready at 5:45 but he kept mumbling about 6:00, 6:00 etc. We did not want breakfast just a cup of coffee and yes I can read English that it opens at 6:00 but just figured coffee would be no big deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel prevents exposure to the elements...that is good. But beyond that, I have nothing to add. I booked this hotel using a non-refundable internet purchase rate...I'm walking away a wiser man after this experience. Location is convenient, bfast had limited offerings, room had a couple of spiders...cigarette burn in the bedspread for a "non-smoking" room...musty odor...it took 3 degrees, two people and 15 minutes to collapse the ironing board...business ctr--monitor on computer [singular] would not power up. The front desk person was reasonably helpful with laundry soap...that earned another star. Don't expect much and this would be the hotel for you. It was cheaper. ..but does nothing to defy the addage "you get what you pay for."

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were greeted by a friendly host and very efficient. He got us in our room very quickly and explained all the amenities. The room was clean and comfortable. The tv was not all that good but it was sufficient for us. The weather was bad at the time we were there and it affected the reception. The breakfast selection of food was not good. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I should have known how it would be when I the first morning we were there I couldn't find the desk clerk. I seen a gentleman outside smoking and asked if worked there and he said no, he had been out for 30 minutes and hadn't seen anyone. ( it was 4:30 am) . I wanted to ask about a place to get coffee. The next morning I went around at 5 am to actually find the desk clerk making coffee. The next (this is morning 3) 4:30 am and found him sleeping. Yes, I said it ! Sleeping ! Watch off, pillow under his head. I went outside and smoked ( I hated to wake him). When I came back in he woke. I asked about coffee and he said no, it was too early for him. I felt like the service was lacking since I was honest and did declare both of my cats, $10 per pet per night. Which was about $87 per night. I felt the coffee was paid for since neither cat used the hot water while I was there. I won't go back ! Don't expect much for your money and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Find a place that appreciates people that can stay awake long enough to work and pay for a room. The...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I always travel with my dog and I appreciate hotels that allow pets. I also understand that sometimes pets have accidents, however the room smelled of urine the moment you walked in the door. Also the mattress was old and I could feel the springs in my back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple