“The "Golden Sun" hotel”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Trenton, New Jersey
“The "Golden Sun" hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Our bed had a yellow pee stain...Needless to say, we will not be staying there again. Maid had put two sheets over top the stain...YUCK! :(

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank jimlewis2222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ottawa ON
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We had a very pleasant stay at Days Inn, Chambersburg. Check-in was quick and courteous. We were pleased with our room, king bed, comfortable lazyboy chair, all very clean.
Continental breakfast was sufficient for us- cereals, bagels, fruits, juices, coffee. Location was close to restaurants and freeway. We DO recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Broome County NY
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Don't make reservations on the Days Inn website! Call the hotel directly. Website snookered me into a hard contract for a 2nite stay, when all I wanted was a reservation. But the Chambersburg desk clerk fought the central office for me, and fixed the problem. Now, whenever I'm in Franklin or Adams Co. PA, I'll sure stay at Cays Inn Chambersburg. But I'll call them to reserve. I'll never again trust the Days Inn website.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
pa
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Days Inn was not your ideal luxury experience, but it wasn't miserable. Our two double bed room got very hot at night, but the beds were comfortable. The continetal breakfast was a joke, with stale donuts and bagels and in a very minimal seating area, and the 'out side pool' was tiny, but in a comfortable, private area in the back. Our room was cleaned when we returned home in the evening and the staff were friendly. The entire place lacked brightness and cheer, and the decorations were shabby and dull. But the rooms and bath rooms were clean and moldless. Preferable for someone on business, not a family on vacation.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank macsclans

Travellers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We booked at the Days Inn based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Admittedly, it received overrated reviews.

Pros: Location--20 to 30 minutes from Gettysburg, IMMEDIATELY off the highway; Service staff was very courteous and made significant efforts to meet our needs (we arrived extremely late and needed a crib).

Cons: Decor. hotel looked old, carpet worn, our room had some (more than to be expected) paint chips and a poorly patched hole in the bathroom door. Breakfast--stale cereal and english muffins; no high chair.

I think the property was under new management, and perhaps they are addressing these problems. If they made some significant efforts to clean up the decor, we might stay there again if just passing through (or if they lowered their rates).

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Brofinany
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Stayed there for one night. The walls were a bit thin, but otherwise a fine stopover.

I did not notice that I had booked a non-refundable/un-cancelable room online. I found this to be a bit uncompetitive. I am not sure whether this was a corporate or local policy, but be aware of it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
New England
Reviewed 15 February 2008

This motel is right at the northbound exit so you won’t have any trouble finding it. With a coupon from travelcoupon dot com or roomsaver dot com, the price is reasonable. My room was nice. The heater is very powerful. It is loud, but with a very smooth sound, which didn’t bother me, and it drowned out the ice maker in the hallway. The breakfast was fine, although the hockey pucks, I mean donuts, are the supermarket pre-packaged kind. The bagels were good, but the motel had the worst toaster I have ever seen. With few other customers on this winter evening, my room was very quiet.

GA2MA’s top tip: ask for a room on the east side (parking lot) not on the west side, which faces the Interstate. Also, do not accept a room whose number ends in 00 or 01. They are directly across from the elevator and the loudest ice machine I have ever heard.

• Liked — quietness (with heater one), comfort, shower
  • Disliked — ice maker in hallway, breakfast
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo