“Best in Town”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Hotel is probably one of the best super 8's that I have stayed in. Large room and good service, made this hotel more attractive then other hotels on this exit.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Cash4Dash
kennymehta, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary words.
I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at Super 8 the next time you are in Chambersburg. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I took my kids down for the fourth of july weekend. I booked the hotel almost 2 months in advance. I call them to make sure the room was pet and smoke free because I have kids with medical issues. I also requested a double bed since I would have 3 kids with me. I called when we arrived in Gettysburg to find out about earily check in and they advised me that since it was the 4 of july weekend and I booked through priceline they were only obligated to provide 1 bed. I was unhappy but they told me it was a king. Well it wasn't my son's twin bed in sligntly smaller and the bed felt like a piece of wood. The room reeked of pet and smoking smells and the kids and I started to feel our ashma. The room itself was not cleaned properly because there was a sanitary napkin left in the bathroom and the overall cleanilness was not good. We were afraid to sit down.

I called priceline and the attempted to speak to the lady at the desk. At the same time I was making calls from another cell phone looking for another hotel. In the end we went to the Four Point Sherraton and they were absolutely wonderful. Priceline was able to give me a refund because the hotel was in fact pet friendly and staying there would have meant a trip to the er for my kids.

My oppinion of this hotel is that the staff is rude, it smells like a nursing home and the rooms are horrible. The beds feel like a piece of wood and it is not sanitary. If you have animinal allergies and ashma as my little one did then STAY AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Sheraton or Marriott the best!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank iris01182000

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Super 8. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Super 8 the next time you are in Chambersburg. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.

Kenny Mehta.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

we stayed her a few times, and between the cooking smells (everytime) that permeated the premises, they re-heated the coffee the next morning and that broke this camels back. breakfast was ok, but the rooms were not the cleanest. we sought other accommodations for the rest of our business in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We were looking for overnight lodging on a trip South and chose the Super 8 based on the price and reviews. The rooms were clean, quiet and the staff friendly. I had requested a refrigerator and it was there and running when we checked in. The free high-speed Internet was a big plus. We will definitely be making this our hotel of choice for these one night stops in this area from now on.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2010

they were very rude to me and my husband. they didnt tell us our room number or anything about our room or where the ice machince was. when we got to our room it was smelly and the beds were not made. there were not clean towels in the room. we called the front desk and told them bout the dirty towels and they said that they cant do nothing about it. so after that we just left and went to a diffenet hotel. WE ARE NEVER STAYING THERE AGAIN...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We had stayed at this hotel before, but it had been about two years since the last time. When we stayed there before we were pleased. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was okay too.
This time, I booked my stay in January for an August weekend. We knew we had to book early because this was an event weekend and that the rooms would become hard to get the closer to the event. When I booked the room I specifically requested an "upper floor in the rear with a refrigerator in the room". It was spelled out in black and white.
I called two days ahead of the event and confirmed my reservation.........no problems.
When we checked in, the girl at the desk told us that she had to give us a lower floor room. Okay, no big deal. So then she tells us to take the elevator DOWN! I had no idea there was even a lower floor than the ground floor we were already on. But there was! It was actually in the BASEMENT of the hotel! Musty, dark, creepy, almost scary! They completely ignored my request altogether. No refrigerator. And they could only give us a rear room, because there were NO rooms in the front side of the hotel because it was underground.
We won't be staying there again next year. There is a Comfort Inn right across the street that will probably get our business.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Had read the reviews and decided to give it a try for one night. Had booked my room on the Super 8 website months ahead and always take my print out of my confirmation with me. Didn't matter here, even though my confirmation stated 2 rooms both non-smoking, they insisted that they showed I had smoking rooms and of course that is all they had left to give us. The funny thing was, the hotel called the internet booking number and they stated that I had called 2 weeks before and requested the rooms be changed to smoking. Only problem was that I was on a cruise in the Caribbean the day they say I called..oops. I will give the ladies at the desk credit, didn't appear to be their fault and they let us go up and look at the 2 smoking rooms they wanted to give us. The rooms were fine, only the hallway was smokey so for one night we dealt with it. They even threw in a rollaway bed we needed for free. I have just decided to stay away from Super 8's altogether, too many bad experiences and I will just stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family