“Nice Very Place for Lunch”

Molly's Restaurant and Carry Out
Ranked #32 of 172 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice Very Place for Lunch”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is the modernized replacement for a classic "greasy spoon" diner of similar name in downtown Chambersburg. When we sat down, the Food Channel was playing on the TV on the wall. That might have struck some as a bit of hubris, but the quality of cooking was outstanding. I had a delicious gyro (which tasted very much like what I used to get at the small Turkish snack food shops around Heidelberg, Germany); even the French fries were excellent. My wife had a wonderful baked omelette filled with a great deal of crab. Our companions had luncheon salads which they very much enjoyed. The service was very pleasant and the prices very reasonable for the quantity and quality of the food. Definitely a great place for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited July 2013

“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I took our family guests here for breakfast. I had the baked omelette which was fantastic (I have never had my omelette baked before). I also had red potatoes. My wife had the Belgium waffle with whipped butter and warm syrup, which quickly disappeared. The server was friendly and attentive, refilling coffee quickly. The ambiance evoked an authentic diner complete with counter. The Molly Pitcher is in downtown historic Chambersburg, and we wandered around after breakfast. My three female companions looked at shoes and Vera Bradley purses.

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC
“Great Little Diner”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stopped for lunch here today and what a treat. The place is very pleasent and the food is yummy! The service was great too. I'll be back!

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Great Amish style Waffles and Chicken”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This little downtown gem is worth the effort to get to. The owner actually stayed open late for us when we arrived only 15 minutes prior to closing on a Friday afternoon. The food was good, old fashion Amish style chicken and waffles. This varies from the southern type with is fired chicken and is more like a shredded chicken in gravy over waffles.

Unfortunately, the restaurant seems to be looked past by some locals as the owners are not originally from the area. Most people who frequent the location are tourists who read about it hear or on yelp. I hope this changes as it is truly a local gem.

• Visited January 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Chicken and Waffles? Heck yeah!”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My family isn't originally from this area so we didn't "get" the Chicken and Waffles idea. Tried it and my goodness, why isn't this everywhere?! The portions were generous and the food was tasty. Nice change from the ordinary :)

• Visited May 2012