“Comfortable seating, friendly service, good breakfast”

Molly's Restaurant and Carry Out
Ranked #31 of 172 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York
“Comfortable seating, friendly service, good breakfast”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We'd never been to Chambersburg so we decided to wander around downtown a bit before breakfast and before continuing on our trip. After our walk up and down Main Street and several side streets Molly's looked like the most promising place to find both coffee and a full breakfast. We were not disappointed, although the menu is not as large as most usual b'fast places, there is reasonable variety. The full name of the restaurant isis Molly Pitcher's Waffle House and Carry-out so waffles are the biggest part of the menu. They also have baked omelets, about which the menu says will take an extra 15 minutes. Sounded good but we didn't want to take the extra time, so my husband ordered eggs and bacon which came with home fries and sour dough toast, and I had a cheese and ham egg scramble, which had deliciously real baked ham chunks in it. Over all a very nice, satisfying breakfast. The coffee was nice and strong the way I like it. The waitress was very pleasant and friendly.

• Visited April 2014

Livonia, Michigan
“No pancakes, just waffles”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you're looking for flapjacks try a place without "Waffle" in the name. But if you want a waffle this is a darn good place to find one. I recommend the Bananas Foster Waffle, it was scrumdiddlyumptious.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TK2012114
san francisco
“Charming little diner/coffee shop”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Late lunch options were limited at 2pm, so decided to try Molly's for the Chicken and Waffles; unfortunately, I didn't read the full description and the chicken was shredded chicken stew; not your typical fried chicken and waffles, maybe this is PA style. Waffle was good, but didn't go well with the chicken.

• Visited March 2014
Gettysburg PA
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I decided to try Molly's last Sunday based on tripadvisor reviews. My husband had scrambled eggs, red potatoes, sour dough toast, and a quarter pound sausage patty. He said that his food was good, but yawn. he orders the same breakfast every Sunday. I, on the other hand, had a yummy Alexander the Great Scramble - eggs, spinach, feta and tomatoes all mixed together - with red potatoes and sour dough toast. In a nutshell, the five star rating is because the toast was actually toasted and tasty, the coffee was very good, and when I returned home, I didn't have to drink a quart of water to recover from the saltiness of the eggs. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Terri K
Crown Point, Indiana
“Wow..reminded me of grandma's cooking”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was the first time that I passed through Chambersburg on business. A person at the bank suggested we go to Molly's for lunch. Molly's is a quant little restaurant and the staff was very attentive and friendly. Anna "the owner" came out to greet our table and was very down to earth and truly appreciated of us being there. Everyone said I had to have the Chicken and Waffles (I think its called Chicken Whaaatttt?) on the menu. I was pleasantly surprised (as was everyone at our table, with how great the food was. The service was superb, the food excellent and plentiful, the atmosphere inviting, and the entire staff made you feel as part of their family (I was expecting NORM ((from Cheers)) to come through the door at any time). If your ever in the Chambersburg area, this place is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited January 2014