“Wow, what a great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 26 December 2013

A great place to sleep on a bitterly cold night when we were very tired after driving over 1,000 miles. Picked this from a discount book as it was listed as new, 100% smoke free (Yay!!!) and including free continental breakfast. As tired as I was, it seemed a little tricky to find but basically we just made a right turn at Ruby Tuesday and went a little ways down that road.

The young man at the desk was wonderfully welcoming (in spite of being exhausted himself from working an extra shift covering for someone else). We used a handy cart to transport our luggage up the elevator to our third floor room away from the interstate. The room and bathroom with hot shower were spacious, perfectly clean and, in addition to a fridge and microwave, had VERY comfortable beds with good linens as well as a large flat-screen TV, a coffee maker and free internet none of which we used. The heater worked just as it should, the halls were quiet and we slept soundly and well and woke rested and ready to continue our journey.

The breakfast included boiled eggs, hot sausage slices, make your own waffles, yogurts and apples in addition to the usual breads/bagels/cereals/juices/coffee selections.

This facility accepts pets and we did see one dog with his owner. We did not have time to look for the indoor pool.

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our third floor room on the side away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear myemptynest,

I wanted to thank you for your extremely positive, informative, raving review. I am also glad to see that people can provide their experiences so that others and the hotel can learn and make sound decisions. I commend you for your reviewing skills. Perhaps a permanent career as a critic would be in order.

I truly look forward to your future stay-ship at our property. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Have a happy new year and safe travels.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

LQ is our favorite - always clean, good value & dog friendly. The staff here was outstanding. Couldn't do enough to make us happy. Even drove us to dinner since we were pulling a 5th wheel trailer & couldn't unhitch. Thanks again, fellas.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi All!

It was truly a pleasure serving you and your husband during your stay with us. Alex and myself were thrilled we were able to assist you and make your experience welcoming, memorable and enjoyable.

Next time you're in the area we would be delighted to have you back! See you on the next trip!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Friendly staff, restaurants near by, clean, nice hotel. We had never stayed at a hotel so close to an interstate before. We aren't used to so much white noise. The noise from the interstate was very distracting for us. I recommend requesting a room on the back side of the property although I don't know if it would make a difference. Otherwise, a great deal.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear TMLSC,

Thank you for your feedback for your recent stay at our property. I have passed along your thanks to the staff and we truly do look forward to being your preferred hotel to serve your lodging needs in the future.

When you are in the area the next time and stay with us, just ask one of the guest service representatives to place you in a room on the backside of the hotel. This has been proven to reduce some of the white noise from the highway significantly. However, when booking please keep in mind that the majority of the rooms on the opposite side of the hotel are two queen setups.

If you need any reservation assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly or myself.

Thank you!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Reviewed 20 December 2013

La Quinta inns have always been favorites of mine, first for their pet policy but also because of their overall quality and value. Chambersburg is top of the list--excellent accommodations and terrific service from friendly and highly competent staff. I'll make Chambersburg a regular stop on trips from Canada to Florida just to stay here with my dogs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am extremely delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience and stay with us. The staff is always gracious to hear that they have helped make a memorable, welcoming and enjoyable stay for our guests.

I hope in the future when you are traveling through, you continue to use the La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg as your preferred venue for lodging. I hope you have safe travels and I look forward to serving your lodging needs once again.

If you should require any reservation assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel or myself directly.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Another clean, friendly La Quinta Inn property. Located in nice area, with close restaurants. Dog are always free and made welcome with grassy area for them to be comfortable and see other dogs. Quick, continental breakfast to tide you over until you have a later full meal. Rooms are good sized, wonderful showers and bedding.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear sue1426,

I just wanted to say thank you for your stellar comments about our property. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make your travels comfortable and enjoyable.

If you are traveling through the area in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly and any special needs or reservation assistance.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I've always loved the TV advertisements for La Quinta Inns and Suites..... So when the roads got slippery, I checked into the one in Chambersburg. It's an easy on and off as the hotel abuts 81 (a heavily trafficked highway). A bit noisy from the room but since it was sleeting outside the room heater kept the noise and cold at bay.
The evening front desk attendant was pleasant and helpful even when I called down to learn how to use the wifi.... Terrific.
The room was large like a suite with sofa, desk and chairs. The TV swiveled allowing you to watch from bed or sofa.
Although well appointed, the bathroom was not squeaky clean.
The breakfast might have been passable except that they ran out of coffee (was refilled), waffle mix (was refilled) and plain bagels (we're not available). Although the front desk attendants were helpful and pleasant there was nobody watching the buffet and they had to do the refills upon request.
I will try La Quinta Inns and Suites again....next time I hope they have a "leg up" on this particular franchise.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Hrvnyc,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Chambersburg, PA. I truly do appreciate your candid comments and front desk accolades. Your accolades have been well received and I have informed the evening front desk attendant of your kind words and acknowledgement.

In response to your concerns, I would like to let you know that we are going through several changes and these matters have been identified. I am working diligently to address these items and move forward in a more positive manner.

In your future stays with us, I hope we can WOW! I appreciate your continued stayship with our property and look forward to serving your needs in the future.

lq6484gm@laquinta.com