“Not the way it used to be”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #21 of 171 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Not the way it used to be”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We used to love this Ruby Tuesday, in Chambersburg..
in fact, it's why we started eating at RT.

But this time, the service was bad, the food mediocre, salad bar had less items, and my steak came well done when I had asked specifically asked for VERY rare… (they did redo it… and it was fine).

We had driven over 400 miles that day and we were so looking forward to a nice leisurely delicious meal, which had been our experience a number of times before. The waitress was friendly and nice at the start…

We got a glass of wine and was waiting for those yummy biscuits, which never came… we finally had to ask for them on our way to the salad bar… As we came back to our seats the entree was being served… and then the biscuits finally showed up…

So there we were.. with our salads, overly done steak, biscuits and my husband's terrible "coconut" shrimp (small, overly coated, and fried hard)...
And when I said something (I thought nicely) to the waitress about the timing and pace of the meal, she was a little huffy…

We smiled and decided to make the best of it… But my husband said he didn't want to come back.. Which is sad, as we have always liked to eat here…

We wondered if they were under new management… and they might have been cutting back and not training the staff??

It was so good before, I'll try and talk him into trying it again, hoping that this night was an off night.

• Visited June 2014

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food great service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate supper here today 6/15/14

We were promptly seated , and our waitress came for our drink order and took our food order right away. I don't recall her name but, she had blonde hair and she was an excellent waitress.
She did not keep us waiting for drinks and our food came out in a timely manner. The food was really good, Salad bar is small but the offerings are awesome. I love it !!!

I remember the old Ruby Tuesdays and it sucked the new changes are really much better. Glad to see it.

• Visited June 2014
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good salad bar!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love the warm pumpernickel croutons that they have on their salad bar...so good...soft in the center and toasted on the outside. This restaurant is convenient to 81 and has hotel accommodations attached to the restaurant. Nice menu selections and drink menu.

• Visited May 2014
Kingston, Canada
“Okay, but not as good as expected.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It has been some time since my wife and I have taken a meal at a Ruby's restaurant, I think after this meal I know why. It was average. The ambience, the food, the service were okay but nothing exciting. The salad bar was rather meager and not all that inviting.

Visited May 2014
NY
“A cut above the rest”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Food was very tasty, parking was easy, waitress was knowledgeable, personable and funny, salad bar and flavored lemonades are among the best in the business.

• Visited May 2014