“Meal was good, glad we were not paying”

The Orchards Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 172 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were invited to this restaurant by friends of ours. We were a large group and had our own private room which was very nice and decorated nicely. The food was good, but very pricey. The staff was ok, but somewhat forgetful. Had to be reminded of things several times. Then at dessert time one of the waiters was pouring coffee behind me and spilled some down my back. Was not a lot, but enough that it was hot and made my chair wet. I can not believe that the waiter did not know that he had done this, but he didn't say anything and I did not want to make a scene for our friend so I just did not sit back in my seat the rest of the evening. Overall the night was good, but would not frequent the place because of the price.

There are newer reviews for The Orchards Restaurant

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The food was just OK. The staff s not the happiest nor is the owner. The atmosphere is very nice. They also have banquet rooms. My steak was overdone. It is quiet and comfortable for dining.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We visited a few years back and totally did not like food or restaurant, but they have improved greatly and for adults it is now a pleasing restaurant; within twenty miles of my home.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not one of the best meals I've ever had, but one of the best around Chambersburg. This has a good atmosphere where you do not have to listen to loud music somebody else chose. Lunch is a real bargain for the setting. Dinner is a little pricey, but the food is always good with a nice selection of dishes.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a truly excellent restaurant with creative dishes, a friendly, efficient, and professional staff, and very easy to reach whether you live the area or are travelling through Chambersburg. We enjoyed a Saturday evening meal upon the recommendation of the staff at the Hampton Inn where we were staying. A 15 percent discount on an entree is available; just ask. We were seated immediately upon arrival and immediately greeted by the server. Wine and a cocktail were ordered and presented without delay. The extra little touches, including the hot towels and the palette cleansing sorbet at the end were especially delightful. The menu has a good variety of regular dishes and there are intriguing specials as well. We enjoyed dishes from the main menu and were not disappointed. Sauces are light and flavorful, portions are generous without being excessive, and the ambience is soothing. We enjoyed the live music being played outside at the adjacent lounge, although this might not please everyone. We recommend The Orchards without hesitation. The staff is first rate, the food is rich and flavorful, and the location is convenient. Enjoy it!