“I love this Hotel!!!”

Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The staff is so friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean and brand new. They even have free washer machines and dryers for your clothes! The out door patio is lovely. they even have a little party/cook out every Wednesday. Great place to stay!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future again soon. Thank you again from the whole team at the candlewood in chambersburg pa.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The room: My only negative on the room is that it is a bit smaller than other one-bed kitchenette suites I have stayed in. I give high marks on cleanliness, style, better than average sheets and towels, better than average stock of kitchen dishes/pots/utensils, good water pressure, free internet, relatively quiet. The hotel: There is not an on-site restaurant or breakfast offering, but there is a pantry that sells plenty of food if you need a meal. The gym was very small, but there is an arrangement with a local gym. All of the staff members have been friendly and attentive. The location: You are within walking distance to a couple of restaurants to include Fudrucker's. You are within one mile of a new, large shopping center featuring Target, Giant grocery store, Panera, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in all guest recommendations and suggestions. In our parking lot the Fuddruckers and Foxs Pizza give you discounts just for staying with us. Also in parking lot is AKI (Japenese restaurant), Quiznos and Moes. Regarding your room being small. The next time you come in ask for a one bedroom suite in which is much larger then the standard suite we currently have. It has a pull out sofa, large desk, bigger kitchen with all the utensils you need. Thanks again and we look forward to you coming back to your home away from home. Lee Lemelman General Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Very nice service & room. Stayed one night on drive home from vacation. Clean, brand new room. Nice flat screen & kitchenette.

There were only a few spots in the bathroom where dust was collecting in the corners on the floor and some on the tub. Just as long as they keep up on this place it will remain a great place to stay! Hopefully they won't let it go. Would be great for extended stay.

Don't forget to get coupon from welcome center magazine, got our room for $65 on a Saturday night!

They are pet friendly with a fee, even though I think $75 is outrageous! That is the only negative about this place. I would not stay here if I had to pay that much for an animal. Maybe $15-$25, not $75!

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We take your comments very seriously. We are brand new. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and I apologize for any dust. Regarding the pet friendly, Yes we are pet friendly and the fee is only 25$ for pets. I have shared this comment with our front office staff and manager. We will make sure if you come in again that our staff is well knowledged on the pet fee. I apologize for the miscommunication. A 75$ fee is only for a guest that stays with us long term (months). Again we look forward to having you stay with us in our home away from home.
Lee Lemelman General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My 18 year old daughter and I have been here almost 3 months. Our house caught on fire Thanksgiving weekend and we ended up being able to come here. It's been GREAT, all things considered. It's like living in a one room apartment with made service. We know everyone on the staff personally and it's like family. It would be hard to single out one person on the staff cause evey one of them take good care of us and they watch over my daughter for me when I have to travel elsewhere.
We moved in just a few days after it opened, so everything is new, works great, and we really enjoy the hot tub and (heated, indoor) pool. The kitchen with dishwasher and dishes and cooking pots and pans, plus microwave, two burner stove top, fulll fridge, and GOOD(free) internet connection. Not to mention you can do your laundry while working out! They even have several grills set up outside for a cookout. Another big plus is the restruants right outside the front doors.
I guess I'm sold on this place and will look for Candlewood Suites when I travel, but I think they will be hard pressed to out shine the staff here.
So if you have to stay overnight or longer in the Chambersburg area, this is the place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our propety. I feel so bad for what happened to your home We as a staff take pride in treating every guest like family. I am going to share all your comments with them. Consider us your home away from home and we will always be here when you need us.

Lee Lemelman General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2012

first time to this hotel , very clean outside ,lobby area was clean . the desk clerk laken did a great job she was very friendly, Room was clean , Shower had great water pressure, Sleep quality was perfect. They had a pool it looked nice but didnt go in. will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking your time to do a review. Our rooms are big with full kitchens. Our staff will take pride in treating you like family. We just scored a 98 percent in our first inspection in cleanliness. We take such pride in treating everyone like family. I worked for Disney for over 10 years and my staff considers ourselves a Disney standard. Thanks again and we hope to see you again at our home away from home.

Lee Lemelman

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Chambersburg during some holiday travel. The outside appearance was very clean and i have had nice stays with this brand before. Upon arrival, the front desk person (sorry forget the name) was so warm and welcoming. We were made to feel right at home. After reaching our room, we loved the amount of space and with me (being a frequent traveler) i have a bad habit of over inspecting things. I couldnt believe how clean everything was. I have to say, i stay in many places but this was one of the best experiances i have encountered. Very good props to the ownership, the management and the staff....this is really a top notch run hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank billy t

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. We take such pride in treating every guest like they are family. We hope if you are in the area again that you will choose us to stay with. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Lee Lemelman