Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
US$110
US$58
US$149
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$69
Red Roof
All reviewsfree laundrylong term staytexas roadhousefront deskfull size fridgesmall kitchenwithin walking distancerestaurants and shoppinghot tubnice sizeworkout roomstaff was friendlygreat place to stayindoor poolstovegrandkidsroomy
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked this hotel with points (Platinum member) and had to cancel it due to a family emergency. I was on a motorcycle trip and stopped in at the hotel on my way. I explained my situation with the desk clerk who said I'd be billed for the night AND lose my points because it was <24 hours notice, which I understand. I asked to speak with the manager and he spoke with me via phone... he didn't even come out. I explained the situation again and he was curt, condescending and unsympathetic stating policy is policy. The hotel was sold out and there were people in the lobby who also had their reservations screwed up and the manager dictated the same rhetoric to them. It's too bad the other folks had booked another hotel, because I would have given them my room. I signed into the hotel so I wouldn't be charged (and so they couldn't sell the room to someone else) and rode the 450 miles home. I told everyone about this ordeal and will NEVER stay at this hotel. To her credit, unlike the manager, the desk clerk was apologetic. I was tempted to ask her to rent my room for 50% cash and pocket the money, but that would jeopordize her job. She deserved the money more than the pathetic manager. The hotel may be a nice place to stay, but I'm only giving it 1 star due to poor managerial customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Outbackwack
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Outbackwack,

Thank you for taking your time to share such feedback with us, as this certainly is a great contribution to the improvement of the quality of our product and services.

I sincerely apologize for the poor customer care our staff has provided you. As an elite member, we always strive to provide you with the best guest experience and we endeavor to meet your expectations at all times, as such, we deeply regret that we failed on this instance.

You patronage and support are very important, hence, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel and will be used to reconsider updates where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel is about 2 years old and very much up-to-date. For traveling, it is near Rt81. The rooms are spacious and very clean and quiet. A full kitchen is a plus for doing your own thing for meals. The staff is very friendly and helpful and were hosting a free quest appreciation night with a cook out. (Try to find that somewhere else!) A full kitchen is a plus for doing your own thing for meals. The restaurants are close by and we enjoyed dinner at Texas Road House. You would not find a better place for the price. We will be sure to stop again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from possible dog noise or away from bottom floor outside doors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do like show our appreciation to our guests by doing a weekly barbecue and we were happy to hear you enjoyed it! We do hope to see you again very soon. Thank you so much again!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Was just there for 1 night but the staff was friendly and once a week in the summer they have free BBQ and beer for guest. It's also really close to an amusement park and pool hall (sunset billiards). Apparently though the 1st floor walls aren't very sound proof because my friend and I were talking in the courtyard at night and we were asked to keep it down because people could hear us.

Room Tip: they allow pets here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were happy to hear that our staff took good care of you while you stayed with us. We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest appreciation barbecue. We like to take the time to thank our guests whenever we can and that is just one of the many ways we show our appreciation. Thank you again for our review and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel has obviously been built very recently, and is in immaculate condition. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was average (I think all these places get food from the same company). All in all, the best Candlewood we have stayed in. I would suggest getting dinner at Aki (next door).

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we are only about two years old. Our staff takes pride in making sure our facility stays in great condition. We will work in the future to make sure our hotel stays in the immaculate condition you highlighted. We hope that if you return to the area you will stay with us again. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Such a nice hotel. All rooms have a kitchen. Which is great for families, especially when trying to budget for meals. I don't like eating in restaurants every day when we are away for a holiday, dinner or a lunch is ok, but prefer to cook it myself and this hotel you can do that! We bought cereal, bagels, bread, milk and such because there is a full size fridge, microwave and a two burner stove. There are plates, cookware and silverware, everything you could possibly need to cook a full meal. Plus there is also a dishwasher. They also offer gas grills to cook outside and tables outdoors by the pool to sit and eat at. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback that our hotel receives. We were so happy to have you and were glad that you enjoyed the kitchenettes that our rooms offer. We hope that you return very soon.