Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$103
Hampton.com
US$100
US$98
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$65
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
Red Roof
All reviewsfree laundrylong term staytexas roadhousefront deskfull size fridgesmall kitchenwithin walking distancerestaurants and shoppinghot tubnice sizeworkout roomstaff was friendlygreat place to stayindoor poolstovegrandkidsroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

When we come to Chambersburg to visit our daughter and granddaughter we always stay with you. Their very small apartment has no room for us! Your staff is always courteous, knowledgeable, and eager to help. Our most recent stay was Veterans Day weekend, and we were having 3 family members join us for dinner. We love the long "island" for just that reason, but we were short 1 chair, even after using the desk chair from the bedroom. Not a problem...asked Brian at the desk if he could help, and within 10 minutes we had that extra seat we needed. When checking out we reminded Anna that we had that extra chair. She knew all about it, so it's obvious there is great communication among your staff. When we first started visiting Chambersburg, you had not yet opened. I think we tried most every place in town. Our daughter let us know when you opened, and we've been staying with you since. We've been happy with every visit! Please commend your staff, Brian and Anna, for their outstanding service. What a compliment they are to your establishment! Never take such employees for granted!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were happy to hear that you always return to us when visiting your daughter. We also appreciate your kind comments about two of our staff members Anna and Brian. They do a great job and we do appreciate having them on our team. We hope to see you again very soon and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stopped one night on our way to Washington DC. First time ever in a Candlewood Suites and, if they are all like the one in Chambersburg, we will stay there many more times. Friendly front desk, wonderful fully equipped room with very comfortable bed and at a very reasonable price. Pool, hot tub and exercise room looked great although we didn't use them. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing. We really appreciated your kind words. Our staff takes a lot of pride in trying to exceed every guest's expectations. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here on our way home. I wish we could have stayed longer! My husband loved the hot tub. The room was large, had a kitchen and a very comfy bed with a nice blanket. The bathroom was beautiful, so clean and shiny! I liked that there were real plates and flatware in the cabinets. Everything was great until I opened the cupboard door below the sink the next morning and saw the previous occupants trash had not been removed. We mentioned it to Janet and she apologized and offered us a discount on our stay. I have to say that things like that can happen anywhere but we were totally impressed by the way Janet handled it, so professional and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel and its staff!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We were very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amentities that our hotel has to offer. We again apologize for the issue you had in your room but by bringing it to our attention we can take proper procedure to correct this issue. Thank you so much again and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This fairly new hotel is located about 30 minutes from Gettysburg. The suites have kitchenettes and plates, etc. The room was quite clean and the beds were comfortable.

The staff were friendly and helpful. While the hotel is close to an interstate highway, the room was very quiet. We will stay here the next time we're in the area.

Breakfast is not included but that's really a very minor thing. You can brew your own coffee and there's a supermarket a short distance away (and you have a microwave and a toaster). And you have a full size refrigerator.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback about our hotel is appreciated and we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked this hotel with points (Platinum member) and had to cancel it due to a family emergency. I was on a motorcycle trip and stopped in at the hotel on my way. I explained my situation with the desk clerk who said I'd be billed for the night AND lose my points because it was <24 hours notice, which I understand. I asked to speak with the manager and he spoke with me via phone... he didn't even come out. I explained the situation again and he was curt, condescending and unsympathetic stating policy is policy. The hotel was sold out and there were people in the lobby who also had their reservations screwed up and the manager dictated the same rhetoric to them. It's too bad the other folks had booked another hotel, because I would have given them my room. I signed into the hotel so I wouldn't be charged (and so they couldn't sell the room to someone else) and rode the 450 miles home. I told everyone about this ordeal and will NEVER stay at this hotel. To her credit, unlike the manager, the desk clerk was apologetic. I was tempted to ask her to rent my room for 50% cash and pocket the money, but that would jeopordize her job. She deserved the money more than the pathetic manager. The hotel may be a nice place to stay, but I'm only giving it 1 star due to poor managerial customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Outbackwack
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Outbackwack,

Thank you for taking your time to share such feedback with us, as this certainly is a great contribution to the improvement of the quality of our product and services.

I sincerely apologize for the poor customer care our staff has provided you. As an elite member, we always strive to provide you with the best guest experience and we endeavor to meet your expectations at all times, as such, we deeply regret that we failed on this instance.

You patronage and support are very important, hence, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel and will be used to reconsider updates where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M