“Quaint and Cozy”

Big Oak Cafe
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Often visit here with friends and stay until they close. Great atmosphere. Many unique combinations for sandwiches that are unexpectedly delicious !! Summertime on the patio is a treat I am looking forward to again this year. Love the Harvest Breakfast sandwich and the Meadow Wrap. The pastries and the scones are top notch. Service is always fast and friendly.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After reading reviews and hearing great things we decided to finally try the Big Oak Cafe for lunch. My husband ordered a wrap and I designed my own sandwich. Frankly, neither one of us saw what all the fuss was about. On the plus side, everything was fresh and tasted good. But we felt it was pretty average for the prices we paid. Granted we only tried two things so we cannot account for everything on the menu. For this reason, we do not wish to discourage anyone from eating here. Truthfully I prefer the sandwiches I have had at several other local places over the one I had here. And the service was not anything to raise my rating either. It was also pretty average. However I am sure that will not stop us from trying Big Oak again. Maybe next visit we will be as wowed as so many others have been. Just not this time.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great little cafe to eat in or take out. I'm picky about my coffee cup and they have all shapes & sizes for you to choose from. Or paper cups if you're not concerned about saving the environment. Love their little pecan buns. Ask to have it warmed with the extra goo poured over. Delightful! Heard they have expanded the breakfast menu. Can't wait to try one of their new sandwiches.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you're shopping at the Butcher Shoppe this is a nice little place to get a cup of coffee, lunch, or a snack. They have Wi-Fi so you can check your iPod or whatever while you're relaxing. There is a TV that you can watch in the other side of the room if you want to catch up on the news. There is also outdoor seating for those nicer days.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place has an interesting menu and I've never had anything there that wasn't really really good. It can get crowded as it is not especially large although bigger than it used to be if you haven't been in for awhile.