“Delicious food - excellent service”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 171 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
mississmissi
“Delicious food - excellent service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We went to Longhorn for our Valentine's Day dinner. The food was very good and the server, Dave was excellent! He was efficient and pleasant, quick with refills and there when we needed him. We had quite a long wait due to it being a Friday night, and Valentine's Day. I cannot count it against then that we had to wait so long, but I would highly suggest call ahead seating if you are going here on a holiday or weekend night. We had the 2 for $29.95 so it was a good value with big portions. We ordered a second appetizer of cheese fries and it was enough for at least 4 people!

• Visited February 2014

Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“First time at a LongHorn - and loved it all!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had never even been to a LongHorn steakhouse. My mother-in-law chose to go here for a family dinner. I've been to Texas Roadhouse a few times and I thought they were pretty much the same thing. No way! The food was AMAZING. I got a salad with salmon on it. And it was the best salmon I've ever had. My husband got a steak and he said it was really good. We got dessert as well and I have to say - it was one of the best desserts from a restaurant that I've ever had. I got the chocolate lava cake - divine. Service was great - no complaints here!

• Visited January 2014
Orrtanna, Pennsylvania
“LongHorn Favorite Restaurant - Chambersburg, PA Location Terrible Service”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The LongHorn Steakhouse is our favorite restaurant! The food at the LongHorns we have been to is great quality, nice portion size and very reasonably priced for a delicious steak meal, as well as other entrees. We always went to the LongHorn in Hagerstown, MD. Then one opened in Hanover, PA so that was closer. We were so excited when the one in Chambersburg, PA opened...which is even closer. The food was great quality just like the other LongHorns....but we had absolutely terrible service. We are not hard to please, but quite frankly our waitress did everything possible wrong. Stood around talking to other employes while we waited. Messed up everything with our order. She never came back to check on us. There are too many things to mention. We always tip very good when we receive good service....unfortunately this time our tip was maybe 5% if that. Also, I went to purchase gift cards at this LongHorn and probably waited 10-15 minutes and no one was busy. I just kept being passed on to another employee. LAZY...and I wasn't very happy...so we will never return to this LongHorn again...

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Deb C
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Steakd”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We tried this place for an early dinner before an event in Shippensburg. The food was good: we enjoyed our steaks (cooked exactly as we ordered) and the sides we ordered. My Caesar salad, despite a mountain of shaved Parmesan cheese, was a bit bland, but the seasoned French fries and the complimentary bread were excellent. Our service was warm and pleasant (if not terribly efficient), and our waiter skillfully organized the meal for one of our party who had been delayed so that it came out quickly. The ambiance was also delightful; you could actually conduct a conversation in a normal tone of voice. It appears that the place has overcome some of its early growing pains (had no chance to evaluate the bar). We will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
“We weren't expecting such a great meal”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I don't often frequent chain steak houses but we saw this restaurant while driving to our hotel and decided to stop. The meal was delicious! We all had some kind of steak and everything in the meal from salad to entree was well prepared.

Visited November 2013