“Came back for seconds”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Western Pa.
“Came back for seconds”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I enjoyed the place so much the first time, I came back again. This time I ordered the Pad Kee Mao. While I enjoyed this choice I preferred the Pad Thai with shimp that I had during my first visit. The Thai tea was excellent on both occasions as was the service. The waitress was very attentive and there was not a long wait for the meal. Based on my first two experiences at Kenzos, it was always be considered when dining out in the area.

• Visited September 2013

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Delicious sushi with excellent service”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've been to Kenzo many times and their food is consistently excellent. This time, we decided to go out to lunch for our anniversary. We sat at the small sushi bar (4 seats) and as usual the service was excellent. The sushi chef was completing an order and I commented on how good it looked. A few minutes later we were presented with a complimentary appetizer of the item. Hubby enjoyed his combo platter (sashimi, maki) and I loved my sashimi. The lunch specials are excellent deals! Our server also overheard my husband talking about our anniversary and she and another woman, congratulated us and offered us a dessert on the house. The green tea fried ice cream was a nice treat!
Very friendly service, and very sincere as well. One day maybe I'll try something other than the sushi :)

• Visited September 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Been here twice, great both times”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was here for Valentine's Day and also again recently. Everything was wonderful both times for me and my date. The restaurant feels new and clean and the service is wonderful with everyone happy, smiling and polite. My biggest complaint is that their menu is too big and I can't try everything when I want to try it all.

• Visited July 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“4 meals you must try!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Kenzos is a small family run Asian cuisine shop, and as others have mentioned the wait staff are very attentive and actually will remember you after several visits. My wife enjoys Kenzo's Sushi, and believes it to be on par or better than Aki's (another local Japanese hibachi restaurant). I avoid sushi but have stumbled upon some the the best food there is to eat in Chambersburg at Kenzo's. The "Vietnamese Beef" is thinly sliced beef done in a wonderful sweet&spicy marinade, and reminds me a bit of bulgogi beef, although i'm not an expert on Korean food. The "Grandfather Chicken" is thinly sliced breaded chicken in a sweet&spicy sauce and again is excellent. I would also recommend the Pork Gyozas as an appetizer, they have never dissapointed and the dipping sauces are excellent. To finish it off, or as a meal in itself, i would get the mango fried icecream. Mango Icecream dipped in tempura batter and lightly fried topped with whip cream and chocolate syrup, has never failed to hit the sweet spot after a spicy meal. Actually, try splitting this with a special someone, after the first bite, its all out war till the last spoonful!

• Visited August 2013
Northern VA
“That's NOT Pad Thai!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Was traveling and used Trip Advisor to find this place. Although I adore sushi, I'm also a nut for Pad Thai and continue my quest to find the best I can. Hence, I ordered it and my wife ordered Young Chow fried rice.

The restaurant has a pleasant interior and the staff was very inviting. Complimentary steamed soy beans were a nice touch.

The food arrived promptly and the portions are in fact huge! Garnishes were nice and I was ready to dive in! The first thing that struck me was an usual aroma from the Pad Thai. It was nowhere close to the dozens of other Pad Thai dishes I've enjoyed--at true Thai restaurants. In fact, the more I nibbled at it, trying to detect what they did wrong I became less and less enchanted. There was an overly-strong garlic flavor/aroma---like it was from the chopped jar garlic which I despise. Despite taking a to-go box, we trashed it once outside.

It quickly became apparent this restaurant was trying to do it all when it comes to Asian food and that's not always best. The fried rice was okay but anyone who knows a bit about cooking knows that fried rice is made with chilled, day-old rice which is stir-fried with other tasty ingredients. Their fried rice was simply made w freshly-cooked sticky rice and the texture and tastes just aren't the same. Again--trying to do it all; Thai, Chinese, etc.

The Sushi and Terriyaki are probably the foods to order here. I doubt I would eat here again.

• Visited August 2013