“Good Food, Served Hot by Friendly Staff”
Review of Chambersburg Diner

Chambersburg Diner
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stopped for dinner but ended up ordering off the breakfast menu as nothing jumped off the pages of the menu and spoke to us. Menu is large which does not always mean good. Observed other patrons meals being delivered to them and nothing screamed homemade or this is absolutely fabulous so I think a great deal of the menu is bought institutional style food.

The wife ordered a Belgian waffle, she wanted fruit on it but none of the fruit offered was fresh. The syrup came in little prepackaged containers. I ordered an omelette with the home fries well done. The home fries were sliced potatoes which is the kind I like and well done on top, but the bottom potatoes were almost raw. The omelette was good, but again nothing special.

All the tables had the green Tabasco sauce on them which was good since it added a little flavor and heat.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Eating at the Chambersburg Diner was a great experience. I had a sandwich wrap and fries my first visit. It was Good. My second visit I had their corn fritters and they were sooo Good!!! The service was good as well.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Was very happy with visit. Had the marinated chicken and was done right. Plenty of food. Good service from our waitress Nicky.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stopped here based on the recommendation from a lady at the PA Welcome Center on I-81. Rainy and icy drive, and we wanted a nice warm lunch. The Diner is just off the interstate and in what looks like it might have been a chain steak restaurant at one time.

The menu was extensive. The cup of the veggie beef soup was excellent and filling, but there was more to come. We split a very good Greek salad, and the half could have been a meal. My husband loved his calf's liver and my meat loaf was also very good. Next time we will order much less food! We were stuffed!

We were also stuffed into a small booth and all the food came at once. The waitress gave us the option of moving to a larger table, but we stuck it out with the massive array of food.

Service was excellent and the staff quite friendly as another reviewer noted. This was the perfect stop for us!

1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The worst breakfast I ever had. Glad the hospital was right down the street. The first restaurant I ever ate at that could screw up an omelette.