“I hope Chambersburg has better than this”

Motel 6 Chambersburg
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was disappointed in my stay , it has a great looking lobby but it seems the further away you get from it the worse it looks . There is one area I found when walking around the building that appeared to be an outside bar that was abandoned and deteriorating . The security doors did not lock and looked like they had been hit with a hammer . Fairly clean although needed a lot of updates . Breakfast was not bad but not good either and I made a pot of coffee because the attendant was no where to be found and several guests were waiting for coffee . Decent price but
really needs some "help"

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Mickey L, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and rate our hotel. Our complimentary breakfast has many items to choose from, and this does keep our Breakfast Attendant quite busy to ensure no guest leaves hungry. With our busy season at a close we will be working on renovations to better serve our guests.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

You get what you pay for. Our room wasn't the cleanest, but we also realized we weren't staying a the Hilton, so what can you expect? The only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast. I've stayed at other quality inns and I will say that this one does not have a great breakfast compared to others. Runny eggs, uncooked bacon, nasty coffee. There were many people in the dining area who threw away lots of food because it was gross. The staff were a little weird... Mostly foreign people who didn't speak much English.. Kinda just stood around staring at people.

I'd probably stay here again if I absolutely needed to.. I'd just bring my own breakfast!! :)

• Stayed: October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the the time to rate and review our hotel. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast. We receive many complements regarding our complementary breakfast with our wide variety of items to choose from and the sevice our Breakfast Attendant provides each guest.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Friday night stay before visiting car show in Carlisle. Staff was extremely professional and nice at check in. Rooms were clean, but if you need an elevator it's a bit of a walk depending on your room location. Breakfast was hot and cold choices and was better then most. Several food choices at this exit too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel while visiting us during the Carlisle Car Show. We are conveniently located off interstate 81 exit 14, with many dinning choices near by. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and hope you will be able to visit us during our Fall season to try our new Pumpkin Spice Waffles.

fall season to give them a try/

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My kids & I had a wonderful experience here! The outdoor pool was a big hit for us. They even let my relatives swim with us! We enjoyed the full hot breakfast, especially the waffles. The staff was friendly & it was a breeze to extend our stay. Our Jacuzzi suite was amazing! It's right off of the freeway and close to many restaurants & stores. I hope to visit PA again next summer & will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator and the pull out sofa bed is uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay here at the Quality Inn. I am very happy to hear how much you and your family have enjoyed staying with us, and that our waffles were a big hit. I will be sure to let our Breakfast host know she did a great job! We have also recently added flavored waffles in addition to the regular waffles. For the month of October, we are offering pumpkin spice waffles. We look forward to having you and your family back again next summer.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality inn and enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely helpful in providing recommendations for dinner. We ended up eating at Mario's Italian restaurant. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but the breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I was thrilled to hear that your had a great stay here at the Quality Inn. I will be sure to let our staff know just how helpful they were in being able to suggest an enjoyable evening dinner at Mario's. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the near future and possibly have time to swim in our pool.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend yearly getaway and to see Gettysburg. We stayed in jacuzzi suite and was very large. However, the tv was full of static. We were disappointed at the breakfast was over at 9 am on the weekend. We are used to a 10am end time for breakfast. The hallways smelled of smoke and carpets need updating. The location was nice and convenient for the area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for rating and reviewing our hotel. We strive to make our guests comfortable during their stay and appreciate your comments. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the large room, and wanted to let you know that we do have maintenance available to fix any issues, just call the front desk and we will be happy to correct the problem. We hope you choose our hotel for any future stays.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped by because we saw an add in one of the hotel flyers at the welcome center. First off the price was 59.99 for a one night stay but o could not get my star choice points for that price so I bumped it up to the AAA price of 63.99. Are you kidding me $4 difference just for points. What a joke. Anyways the the front desk clerk was not very personable, actually none of the staff we encountered were. The rooms were a fair size but not very clean. The pillows were like throw pillows small and uncomfortable. Not to be completely negative they did have a fridge and microwave in the unit :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Russell M, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel. I wanted to address the issue about the $4 difference in pricing you mentioned in your review. The Choice Brand places a requirement on all of their hotels that if the price for a room is discounted more than 20% from the rate posted on Choice's website, then no points will be awarded for the given stay. What would have happened in your case is that the coupon rate was slightly above a 20% discount and by increasing it $4, it put you at a 20% discount so you would qualify for your points. In that situation, we allow all of our guests to choose whether they want the lower rate or the points. The pillows are in the same boat. Most of our guests prefer our pillows, some, however do not, but that is not something we can change as Choice requires us to use those particular pillows. Thanks again for reviewing our hotel, I hope you decide to stay with us again!