“very nice experience”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Clinton, Maryland
“very nice experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My family and I drove two hours to visit a friend in PA for Christmas. We decided to stay in Quality INN & Suites Hotel since it was to late to drive back home. The room was excellent big and comfortable. The service was wonderful if I am not wrong the front desk lady's name is Diana she is a sweetheart. and what most we loved was before heeding back home early in the morning was that we had a very good hot breakfast. It was a nice stay at a great rate and right off 81.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 star review! I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your accomodations while staying with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My family stopped here on our way to visit relatives over the holidays...it has a very convenient location, right off of 81. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They gave us a good rate for being a military family. For your rate you get either a king or 2 queen beds, with a tv, microwave, and mini fridge. They also have wireless internet, and a laundry facility that we used. Our favorite part of course, was the breakfast. It's a "HOT" and cold breakfast with a variety of items like bacon, eggs, fresh waffles, fruit, oatmeal, muffins, etc. My kids especially loved their waffles! I also want to add that the staff there is very nice, and answered all our questions. The one lady at the front desk was so helpful in recommending this local Italian restaurant for dinner. Overall, I definitely think you get your money's worth here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I want to thank you for rating our hotel with a 5 star review! It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guest. I was glad to hear that our staff helped to make your visit a pleasant experience. We look forward to having you return as our guest in the future.
albany ny
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Nice large room. Clean. Good breakfast. .. lots of items to choose from. Nice staff. 2nd stay.. would return here. Good rate. Good location..easy off 81. Near stores and beer store. Great Korean rest nearby.....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I want to thank you for giving our hotel a 4 star rating! I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hot breakfast of fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, hot & cold cereal, and beverages. Our convenient location has easy access to many resturants for dinning and shopping. We hope that you choose us again for any future visits while in our area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I'm sorry to report that our stay at this Quality Inn in Chambersburg was extremely disappointing in the spring of 2013. Will gladly not return. Lobby smells strange and has a cold feel. We were with a group, and my room reservation was oddly in another section, then we were moved upstairs from the group which wasn't particularly helpful. We had reserved our rooms together. That aside, the clientele was sketchy and I did not feel safe. There are several side entrances, one of which is very dark at a dead-end surrounded by trees - an entrance of choice for less desirable activities. I was actually directed by the front desk (after bringing in our luggage) to drive to that entrance. Would have been better to walk though the halls. As for security, there is none except a deadbolt and chain for your room. Hall windows were wide open on main floor (good for ventilation which is needed) and hallway doors propped open. Nothing here is pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your lodging expectations during your stay. Room assignments are based on our guests needs, and we try to keep groups together when at all possible. I also want to address the security matter; we do have dead bolts& chains on all our guest doors as other hotels also have these. Our hallways have adequate lighting and are covered by security cameras. We do have windows and hallway doors open during the day, but they are closed at dusk. We hope that you might give us another chance sometime in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were traveling late and had advanced reservations for late arrival. The motel was located close to the Interstate and restaurants but in a quiet area. The reception lobby was well lit, clean and accessible. The grounds were clean and the rooms situated in separate units but easy to get to. Our room was clean and comfortable and the A/C unit quiet and efficient. Something we have not experienced at the Hopewell, VA site.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mickey L, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with a 5 star rating! I was so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here. We are conveniently located off Interstate 81 with many restaurants to choose from for your dining experience. We look forward to you choosing us again for any future visits to Chambersburg.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was disappointed in my stay , it has a great looking lobby but it seems the further away you get from it the worse it looks . There is one area I found when walking around the building that appeared to be an outside bar that was abandoned and deteriorating . The security doors did not lock and looked like they had been hit with a hammer . Fairly clean although needed a lot of updates . Breakfast was not bad but not good either and I made a pot of coffee because the attendant was no where to be found and several guests were waiting for coffee . Decent price but
really needs some "help"

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Mickey L, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review and rate our hotel. Our complimentary breakfast has many items to choose from, and this does keep our Breakfast Attendant quite busy to ensure no guest leaves hungry. With our busy season at a close we will be working on renovations to better serve our guests.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

You get what you pay for. Our room wasn't the cleanest, but we also realized we weren't staying a the Hilton, so what can you expect? The only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast. I've stayed at other quality inns and I will say that this one does not have a great breakfast compared to others. Runny eggs, uncooked bacon, nasty coffee. There were many people in the dining area who threw away lots of food because it was gross. The staff were a little weird... Mostly foreign people who didn't speak much English.. Kinda just stood around staring at people.

I'd probably stay here again if I absolutely needed to.. I'd just bring my own breakfast!! :)

• Stayed October 2013
I want to thank you for taking the the time to rate and review our hotel. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast. We receive many complements regarding our complementary breakfast with our wide variety of items to choose from and the sevice our Breakfast Attendant provides each guest.