“Glad it was a short stay”

Motel 6 Chambersburg
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here literally for fours but was underwhelmed during that time. Rolled in around 1am on a long trip. Do have to say that the front desk was ready for me and very pleasant when I came in so late. The room though - bleah. Very worn down, dark and the bathroom felt kind of gross. I would go so far as to describe the bathroom floor as tacky to the touch. I was glad to leave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share you stay. I am glad to hear that you were greeted by our friendly front desk staff upon your arrival. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Took a chance on this hotel site unseen (booked the room through Choice while traveling) after a horrible Quality Inn experience in SC. We were skeptical and very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and looked to have been recently updated. The hotel was quiet and had everything we needed. Very nice hot breakfast. Great experience for a great price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mixene
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I want to thank you for rating your stay with a 4 star! I am very pleased to know that we were able to make your stay a pleasant experience and suprise! We hope that you choose to stay with us again when in our area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was able to check in quickly without any issues. The front desk were very clear about the breakfast and showed me quickly how to get to the room.
The room was clean and spacious.
I had no issues or complaints.
I will be a returning guest and recommend if you are in the area to stay there as well. It offers a great value without crushing your wallet.
Plus there are numerous of restaurants close by.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich W

I want to thank you for giving us a 4 star review! I am very pleased to hear that we met all of your lodging needs I will also let our staff know you were happy with the service they provided during you stay. We look forward to having you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great hot breakfast, great bacon, I really think I ate a pound of bacon for breakfast!!!!! Only downside was the pool is outdoor only no indoor. Great for the money. The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful!!!!!!

1  Thank Marta W
Mickey L, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I want to thank you for rating your recent stay with a 5 star! I will be sure to let our Breakfast Attendant know that she is doing a great job and how much you enjoyed the bacon! We look forward to having you return as our guest when visiting our area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel breakfast was great. They had a waffle maker and bacon and sausage. The front desk staff were wonderful. They provided us with a welcome bag for being Choice Members. The pillows in the rooms were a bit on the small side, but for the value I will return.

1  Thank Michael J

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I glad that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast that we provide to our guests. We look forward to having you return as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I normally don't write reviews although I appreciate those who do. But for YOUR HEALTH I felt compelled to write this as we are pulling out of the parking lot. We are frequent I-81 & I-84 travelers and I will let the pictures do the talking and use these few words Black Mold & Dirty! Not only is the hotel a health hazard but seems to be used as a local party spot. Doors slamming, girls giggling and yelling, young men walking up and down the hallway... If we weren't so exhausted I would have left then. Thank goodness my husband was with me and my children on this trip. If I had been alone I would have requested a refund and left. Even in non-smoking you smell smoke. I was waiting for a gun to go off somewhere. The room was so dark and lighting was so bad the Black mold wasn't noticeable till the morning. And my son slept the closest to it. I am leaving disturbed and questioning if I need to call the health dept first thing Monday morning. I was in room 137.

1  Thank alphamom

We apologize for not meeting your accommodation needs during your recent stay. Unfortunately, we experienced an issue with a small section of our roof, and I want you to know that this matter has been corrected. I hope that you might give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a business trip. This is a very nice hotel. It is extremely clean rooms, halls, grounds well maintained. The King room we stayed in was very, very clean, extremely spacious, had a fridge and a microwave,, a table with 2 chairs, and an executive desk, free wifi, and a nice cable channel selection including my FAVE, the ID channel! The bed was comfortable, nice, soft, clean sheets, close to a wide variety of restaurants/fast food, strip mall, gas station, liquor store less than 5 min drive. Hot breakfast in the am GREAT SELECTIONS! Hotel is reasonably priced and convenient. Would definetely come back here again if in the area! Not sure why anyone would give this place a BAD review unaless they were expecting Ritz Carlton quality at the Quality Inn! LOL. This one is better than any other one Ive been to!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ezbnqueen
Mickey L, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you so very much for a wonderful review and rating us with a 4 star! I am so pleased to hear that we made your stay so enjoyable. I and our staff look forward to any future visits while in our area.