“Just what you'd expect”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Molokai, Hawaii
“Just what you'd expect”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Country Inn in Chambersburg is just what you'd expect from this chain and at this price. The rooms are nothing special, but perfectly functional and clean. The location is convenient, as long as you have a car. Most businesses and government offices are within a 10-minute drive. I'd note these negatives: The walls are paper-thin. The guy snoring in the room next to me kept me up much of the night. The mattress in my room was rock-hard--not comfortable. So I'd say the sleep quality wasn't great . . . although in a different room it might have been fine. Breakfast was mediocre. The staff was very friendly and efficient.

I've been in Chambersburg numerous times and have stayed in several hotels. This one is as good as any other, although it doesn't stand out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area, and if you would like to discuss your most recent stay, I would be happy to speak with you personally.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ohio
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hotel was very nice but the breakfast was great, and a lot of that had to do with Connie, the lady who works the breakfast room. The food was always ready, constantly refilled and warm. She would clear your dishes, ask if everything was OK, constantly checking on things - very friendly person.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thanks for taking time to write such a great review for our property! I will certainly share your comments with Connie :)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

First time we have stayed at a Country Inn and Suites which offered a Manager's Reception. Apparently it is only available on Wednesday nights but the Manager picked up items from local restaurants including pulled pork, buns, fried veggies, pizza, wings, sushi, salad along with beer and pop. The manager was there and spoke with all his guests. Just excellent customer service and a nice touch after a long day of driving. All other aspects of the stay were good as well including the breakfast and cookies.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for choosing us! We are glad that you enjoyed our manager's reception. We do it every week and our guests really enjoy it. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I just had surgery and had to stay in town till the doctors would let me go. We were able to get a room at the Country Inn and Suites and have been so blessed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Their breakfast has been amazing! The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. The location is right next to shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled that our service was great for you and I will share your comments with the staff. Thanks again!
Stafford Springs
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel many times - always good! This time though, I had to find a hotel that accepted dogs as my family just inherited my father-in-laws dog. I had traveled in the past with a dog, and the hotels we stayed in were not so hot. That being said, when I realized our fav hotel in Chambersburg accepted dogs I was thrilled! The dog rooms were better than any I have stayed in, clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. The only thing that I was disappointed in was breakfast. Maybe they were off their game, because usually it is good. Everything was luke warm, the potatoes were just not good, and the bacon was in crumble form...sort a weird really. I still love this hotel and will stay again and would recommend to anyone. I just hope that they work to make sure that their breakfast is consistently good as it has been in the past. (I never eat breakfast at home, and look forward to these little treats - weird I know, but what can I say?) :)

Room Tip: If you have a dog, room 129 is tops. Last room in back, right next to the doors to go out. Perfect f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are most certainly a pet-friendly hotel and all of our staff love seeing the new dogs that visit us. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 4 September 2013

When i checked in i was not happy to say the least. Something got screwed up with the type of room I had reserved or something. When I got to the front desk I was greeted by Ashley the front desk supervisor. She seemed to genuinely care about my issue and solved it promptly and without question. If it were not for her service I would not consider this hotel again. That level of expertise and professionalism was and still is appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time for reviewing our property. We are very happy to correct your reservation issue with a smile. I will share your comments with Ashley and I am sure she will be thrilled! Thanks again :)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Typical Country Inn accommodations. Very clean and large rooms. The folks at the front desk including the manager were very nice and went out of their way to help. The gal working the breakfast bar was excellent as usual. There's a steakhouse within walking distance as well as other above average restaurants. You simply cannot go wrong choosing Country Inns and Suites. We certainly haven't.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review! Our location couldn't be better. It is one of Chambersburg's growing areas and we continue to get more shopping and restaurants at our exit. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.