Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites during a weekend outing at Caledonia State Park. The only negative thing I could say about the place is that the 3rd floor hallway smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. Luckily, the smell did not enter our room. The room was clean and spacious with a mini-fridge and microwave. The hot breakfast in the mornings was delicious, and the people who worked there were all very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us, and we hope to convert our hotel to 100% nonsmoking in the near future. We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and hopefully you had some of our waffles! Please be sure to contact the hotel directly to make your reservation in the future and we can ensure you are on a nonsmoking floor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel en route through the area because I had Carlson points. Despite the great rate, the inn was wonderful. I had a personalized letter in my room; how welcoming was that? The room was so spacious, great amenities and breakfast with real plates, silverware and coffee cups. Super night sleep. Thought I was in my own bed.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank NannyMcL
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our breakfast buffet on fine dining wear are one of our best amenities and we are glad you enjoyed them. I will certainly share your feedback with our team and we are glad you had a great stay! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chambersburg.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When you enter the hotel, the first thing that catches your eye is the fireplace surrounded by comfy chairs and sofa. There's fresh cookies at the counter and coffee is always available (the staff is willing to make a fresh pot if necessary). The staff has friendly smiles and seem genuinely glad to see you.
The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds are comfortable - isn't that the most important thing? In the morning you may be wakened by the smell of bacon....much better than an alarm clock!
Not a large hotel, not an ultra fancy hotel but a very nice place to stay that I heartily recommend that is certainly well worth the modest price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the fantastic review! Our cookies are a big hit with everyone (myself included!). We are glad we gave you a great home away from home and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Ny
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel great that pets can stay, room right by doggie relief area, good breakfast..pleased overall room bed excellent nice brand soaps. Again always nice to find dog friendly clean place, I would recommend and stay again

Stayed March 2014
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad you had a great experience here and that everything was excellent. Although we only have a few pet friendly rooms, we love to meet all the wonderful pet companions that come and stay with us. We try to make sure they have a great stay too! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Chambersburg.
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

You would think that if you had a block of rooms for a children's event, you would mention that your pool has been closed for over a month!! Very upset! As you can guess, no refunds, no comps! It is nicely situated by stores, restruants and the highway but so are several other hotels.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank JandHlittle
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our pool and spa are currently undergoing repairs and we apologize for the inconvenience. We have notified numerous websites as well as our own countryinns.com website so that guests are aware. In addition, our Guest Services team is working diligently to ensure that all callers to the hotel are made aware when booking when phoning the hotel directly.

I am very sorry that you were not advised of the situation prior to booking and we will certainly investigate as to why you were not made aware. If you would like to discuss this matter personally it would be my pleasure to speak with you.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here in March 2014. Room was clean and reasonably comfortable for the price. As a business traveler,ironing my shirts and pants each day is pretty important. This hotel only had tiny little table top ironing boards available which made it difficult and frustrating to get ready for daily meetings that I had in the area. This may seem small, but it will certainly cause me to choose a different property for my next visit to the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you had a clean, comfortable room and I will certainly share this with our team. As for the ironing board issue... We appreciate your comments in regards to the smaller table top ADA compliant ironing board. Although only a few select room types have these smaller boards, we will also include the full-size boards in these room types to give our guests a choice.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. The majority of our rooms do have full size ironing boards currently, and we will be adding full-size boards in all rooms going forward after reviewing comments such as yours.

We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If you would like to discuss this matter personally please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. I can also personally ensure your next reservation you have the amenities you require.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel was advertised as a "brand new property". Maybe it was for Country Inn & Suites, but this is not a brand new hotel. Don't get me wrong, the lobby, breakfast area, and the room was very clean. But the wallpaper in the bathroom is coming loose at the seams. The edging around the tub was poorly installed & the walls in the room had scuff marks on them. My refrigerator didn't work, but just used ice since I brought a cooler.The thing that irritated me the most was that the pool & whirlpool area was closed for maintenance. Was allowed to go to the Holiday Inn Express & use theirs, but why would I want to drive 5 minutes & not be able to change before coming back in a wet bathing suit. My reservation was made only 2 days before my stay. I should have been told this before I made my reservation, giving me the option to stay or not, or offer a lower rate since the pool wasn't available. Good location & breakfast is better than most chains, but for the price paid, I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry that you were not happy with our hotel and certainly value your feedback. We take all comments seriously, and pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional product. If you would like to discuss this matter personally, I would be happy to speak with you in hopes that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.