“Average Country Inn & Suites”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 7 April 2010

My 16 year old daughter and myself just spent 3 nights at the Country Inn & Suites in Chambersburg, PA while visting family in the area. The hotel is just as you would expect by this chain. There were no outstanding features - just a comfortable quiet hotel. After reading the various reviews I was a bit worried about noise of fellow travelers but we heard nothing at all. Whether this was because it was Easter weekend or because we were on the 3rd floor - couldn't tell you. If I had to say anything bad about the place it would be that the desk clerk was not very friendly - she didn't explain breakfast or hours of the pool, etc. When we checked out the desk clerk was much nicer. Breakfast was standard - bacon and cheese omelets. My daughter did enjoy the exercise room which was nice. She loves to exercise and used the equipment several times. The pool area was as you would find in any hotel. There is a fun center right across the parking lot so we did spend some time there. They have arcade games, miniature golf and go-karts. It would be nice if they offered discounts or packages the hotel guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize for the issue you had with our Guest Services member, and will be sure to address this issue.

I am happy we met your needs and certainly hope you visit us again so that we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed here while visiting family near by. I have alway loved the value you get with Country Inn and Suites. The room was clean and comfortable. Nice queen size beds. Bar fridge in room but no microwave. Nice continental breakfast in the morning with juice, tea/coffee/hot choc., eggs, bagel, biscuits, waffles, fruit and cereal. My only problem with this hotel is the noise from other rooms. Paper thin walls. Lots of business travellers getting up at 5 am. Lots of slamming doors (heavy metal room doors). You could hear everything around you. I would recommend top floor so that you at least decrease some of the noise above you. The pool was indoor and ample size, a bit cool for me. Nice hot tub. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This was my first stay with Country Inn's. We liked the room, nice and clean. Check in was good. We got lucky and had the Tuesday night Manager's reception. Free beer, Pizza, wings and lots of fun with the staff and other guests. The one issue that stood out was the noise level from other rooms, especially at 5am. This is a business hotel so many occupants were up early and making alot of noise. Next time I will insist on the higher floor and not the 1st. Breakfast was so so, but not outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This was my third stay at this hotel. Nothing has changed. The rooms are clean, staff is helpful and friendly, breakfast was good, nice pool and fitness center, and great location. This is our favorite hotel in this area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing us during your visits to the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2009

The pool and hot tub were nice. The Continental breakfast was business as usual....doughnut, bagel, cereal, juice, milk, etc. The front desk people were nice. The only complaint I have is that the beds, both of them in our room, were hard as rocks. We stay in CI&S regularly when we travel, and this was the hardest bed and thinnest pillow I have seen. The location off the interstate is a good. The Wifi worked great.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I'll have to admit to seeking out CI&S when we travel. Simply put, they are amazingly consistent from location to location and generally positive all the way around. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, rooms well furnished, complementary breakfast. The wireless internet has a strong signal and the front desk actually does have an ethernet cable if you need one. And finally, those cookies at the end of the day. The pool is well kept. The fitness room, although smallish, has equipment that isn't broken. I don't know how many times I've stayed at a hotel with a fitness room full of broken equipment. This location 25 miles from the Gettysburg National part is fairly new and is competively priced.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed at the Country Inn for 1 night with my husband and children. The front desk staff is very helpful and courteous, we reserved a suite the night before arrival and asked for a rollaway bed--well when we got there, the rollaway was already in the room. They do offer a continental breakfast, unfortunately we did not make it. They have an indoor pool and spa tub-the only thing with that is they use so much chlorine that even sitting in the patio chairs my eyes wer on fire. Overall, this is a great little place to stop through or stay a couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family