“Always dependable, clean and nice.”

Best Western Chambersburg
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on three different occasions, two with pets and one without. They are always extremely nice regardless of what time I show up. I will say that the non-pet rooms are certainly in better shape than the pet rooms, but even in the pet rooms the bed was comfortable and clean, the air conditioning/heater always worked well, and the service is always top notch. This isn't the Ritz-Carlton, but for around $85 bucks, I wasn't worried about my dogs or my car. Great place to stay.

1  Thank Christopher C

Reviewed 28 July 2013

it was good, the owners of the hotel are east indian and we found that there was always a smell of ethnic food and spices in the halls. the guest laundry is expensive but clean the staff friendly and the most important, breakfast and bed were great. got a good night sleep here

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Bryan O
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Paid $15.00 extra per night because we had a dog. The entire hall that allows pets smells of smoke even though we had a "non smoking " room. Mildew in bathroom even though they had a nice heat lamp for the light fixture. Shower head was nice, towels were sufficient. Carpet was dark and dirty looking. Beds were comfortable.
After I reported the problems and asked to be moved to another hallway, we were told everyone with pets had to be on that hall. Planned a three day stay for business but cancelled and stayed at the "all non smoking" hotel, La Quinta next door. We were in room 154.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joanne E
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Remodeled very nicely. Friendly service. Good breakfast selection. My only complaint was the noise level! We could hear foot steps above us. Could hear noise from the rooms above us and beside us. Mainly parents yelling at their kids to go to sleep! However, we did not notify front desk. Very nice restaurant next door. Easy drive to downtown Harrisburg and Hershey.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here last night after being unable to find a room in 7 other hotels.....stopping here was our last attempt at 10pm before having to go back onto I-81 to look further. I usually book ahead, but wasn't sure where we would call it a day, so just winged it. Sure won't do that again. The hotel was clean and service was friendly.......however we were charged $199.99 for the night!!!!!!! I knew this was "highway robbery", but we were traveling with an elderly lady and we were exhausted, so I paid that outrageous price. Sad to know that there are people who are greedy enough to take advantage of others who are at their mercy. Live and learn, the expensive way.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

No smell, maybe there was in the past but I just stayed there last night and no smell. Very clean, great room, service was great especially for the value. The girl at the service desk was very helpful gave us discounts for dinner and lent us a corkscrew which I thought was kind because I really didn't want to run back out to a store.

• Stayed: June 2013
BWChambersburg, Manager at Best Western Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our property. We are happy to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The rooms were very nice. The complimentary breakfast was only mediocre. The worst thing was walking through the main hallway to your room. Each time there was a very strong smell of curry, overwhelming so! Fine once you got to your room though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of entire staff at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg I apologize for not being able to meet with your expectations. Please note that we are very close to many chain and ethnic restaurants and many times guest request room delivery or bring food back to the property. I understand that it may have caused you inconvenience and I apologize on behalf of other guests. I hope you would give us one more chance to provide excellent service that we offer to every single guest that stay with us.