“MIKE BLACK and SARAH are the BEST!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 18 July 2013

First of all I would like to say that my husband, me, and 2 children came up from Alabama to enjoy the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg. I always make advance request when the kids are with us because small things tend to make them happy. On my reservations I requested m&m's and water. When we get there after being so exhausted and on each other's nerves, we walk into the room to see 2 packages of m&m's and 4 water bottles. Really they thought of each one of us. It was extremely kind! The guy at the desk was soo cool and kind. He gave us a number to the local pizza to have it delivered. In the morning the breakfast was filling. Overall my stay lifted our spirits and instead of heading home afterwards we stayed up north a little longer. Thanks to that team really for going the extra mile. Second, the pool is indoors and heated. The whole hotel in general is really clean. The surrounding area was just as friendly. There is a gas station across the main road that has a man that fills your tank up and he was really helpful about the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the M&Ms. I will pass on your kind words to Mike, Sarah, and the rest of the staff. Come visit us again sometime. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here on our way back from upstate NY. We were traveling with two children and my mother who is in a wheel chair. Sarah was so helpful and friendly. She showed us how to work the handicapped accessible pool chair so my mother could get in the hot tub with us instead of staying in the room by herself while the rest of us were swimming. My mother loved it and so did we. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast staff was really friendly. It was very nice to receive such great customer service all around! I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are traveling through Chambersburg!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear your story of excellent customer service from Sarah. That is our goal every time. Thank you for your recommendation. We really do appreciate it. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The rooms are nice, it's great to have an indoor pool and gym, and the breakfast food was pretty good. There's a young girl who works at the front desk who was really very helpful, too. Our main issue was that we were on the second floor, and the woman below us complained repeatedly about us being loud, jumping / thumping, etc., when we were walking normally or just using the restroom. I'm not sure there's enough soundproofing between floors, but really, my annoyance was more that the staff didn't handle the complaints appropriately. After she complained twice and it was clear through conversations with us that we were in fact making every effort to be quiet, they should have handled her differently rather than letting her complain again and bringing her complaints to us repeatedly. But other than that, it's a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking. I am sorry about the issue you encountered. You and your family were not doing anything wrong and I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I hope that you might try us again in the future as this was a strange, isolated type of incident. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Gettysburg, It is convenient, right off the interstate 81. The management was excellent, the rooms are well appointed with refridge and microwave in every room. The free breakfast was better than most with a good selextion of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your positive experience with the hotel. I hope you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

An excellent facility. Our personal reservation made by a group leader was a problem. Sarah fixed the issue within 5 minutes. Our room was perfect. Also Sarah made a "Welcome" sign with the Lincoln Highway logo and antique autos on a large poster. It was very well done and much appreciated by our group. Thank you Sarah.

Room Tip: Our room was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you had a great stay. We enjoyed seeing all the classic cars in the parking lot. I will pass on your kind words to Sarah. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was our first time to this area and the hotel was the choice of the group we were traveling with. The hotel was accommodating to our large group, which I appreciated. They could not manage to keep the elevator running so we had a bunch of +65 year old guests carting there luggage up 3 flights. The property is right up against the I-81 express way exit ramp so be warned to ask for an odd numbered room, which is the opposite side from the interstate. Our room was very clean and well equipped with pillows and towels. The pool was clean and the water was comfortably warm. There are several competitor motel/hotels at this intersection and I might consider trying one of those - just to be fair. For $100+ for a room, I expect excellent - not very good.

Room Tip: Insist on an odd numbered room when you reserve
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad to hear that you experienced clean and comfortable accommodations. I am sorry about the issues with the elevator. We have been able to address the issue since your visit. I hope you might choose us on your next trip to Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I travel all around the US and at last I find a place that makes me fill like at Home, The Hotel is very clean the staff goes out of there way to make you at Home. The Front Desk Staff; Mike, Aurora, Sara and Ida are very professional and Friendly. Everything around the Hotel is Clean, organized and the Rooms are cleaned Daily to perfection. I highly recommend this hotel you will enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your positive experience. I am glad we were able to provide you with a stay that made you feel at home. I will pass on your kind words to the staff. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.