“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

All the common areas and the rooms were clean and neat and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Had no problems other than the noisy air conditioner in the room which sounded like a semi hitting its air brakes every 30 minutes. It was very convenient to the highway as well as shopping areas.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. Thank you for letting us know about the AC unit. We will be sure to correct the problem right away. I do hope you give us a try again in the future. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Chambersburg, PA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
minnesota
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here on our visit to Gettysburg. Everything we experienced was fine. I guess anyone can have a bad experience somewhere, but we did not. This property was just fine and easy to locate. The staff was very pleasant, we ate here two mornings and it was the same Holiday Inn food that is served across the country and was done just fine. I even tried the Pancake machine and was surprised at how fast and how good they were. Don't stay away give it a try if you are going there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. We appreciate the encouraging review. We hope that you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed there two nights the first night my toilet seat broke and I fell thru the rooms are dingy there was glass in the pool that cut my feet the second room they moved me to was smelly and moldy the service was horrible the breakfast was poor as hell there were people running yelling and slamming doors all night long I would rather stay at motel 6 than stay here I'm warning all of you people stay away from this hotel it is worse than any hotel I have ever stayed at

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Sgthass
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. I know our staff tried to work through these issues in hopes to make up for the problems you had. I am sorry, as it seems you were not satisfied with our efforts. Please give us a try again sometime and feel free to contact me personally. We would love the chance to make things better for your next stay. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

WEST MIFFLIN
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went to this hotel because we were particpating in a soccer tournament in Gettysburg, (about 26 miles away),.30 to 40 mins. away. It 2was a easy off and on Interstate 81. So it made it easy to access all the places we wanted to go. The ammenties were great, big screen tv. fridge, microwave, coffe pot, and the most comfortable beds we have had in a while.. there nis a indoor pool and exercise room and great large breakfast and lounge area in the hotel.. T he free breakfast was good and the all day coffee was nice to have. The staff was very fiendly and quick to take care of anything. They were proably the nicest staff i have seen in a while. I guess the bottom line is would i stay there again? yes yes yes.

Room Tip: As with any hotel i always recomend the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MRJAMMERZ
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about the staff. I will be sure to pass them along. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Washington DC
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was just what you would expect from a HIX. Nothing fancy, but clean and the pillows were good. Pillows are important to me. Sorry that the pancake machine was broken. Everyone at the hotel was nice and very helpful. I was trying to find a place in Gettysburg, and this is the hotel that showed up on the web site. After leaving we saw a sign for another HIX that would have been closer, but it was not listed on the web site. We did not find any good food close to the hotel. All in all it was a good nights sleep and we were upgraded.

Room Tip: get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad we were able to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations, along with great service, during your trip to Gettysburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I travel cross country on a regular basis and always stay at a Holiday Inn Express as most hotels are relatively new, they're clean and offer a free breakfast. However, this Chambersburg hotel is decorated nicer than any other HIE I've stayed at and the front desk personnel experience was profession and courteous. I actually like this place so much, I stayed there twice within the same week.

Room Tip: Always request a room away from the elevator to avoid hearing the open door tone.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your experience. I am glad that Holiday Inn Express is the brand for you and that we were able to stand out for you. We hope you stay with us again soon. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The room was nice and very clean. Everyone at the front desk were always very friendly and helpful. One time I was having trouble getting my door to open and two young ladies who were working there, stopped their work and came to help me. Their names are Elizabeth and Erica. They both had the greatest smiles and such kind hearts, you could just tell . Also when we went down to breakfast they were there working and their smiles and attitude was just great..The food was also very good. The coffee was good. I also had an egg omlet, Bacon, and a sweet roll which was really good. I am very particular, and I ate breakfast there both mornings we stayed there... It was good..We and our grown daughter and grandchildren all enjoyed our stay.Our room 330 was facing a road with lots of traffic, but our room was very quiet..We were there August 7th. & 8th. Thank you all for a great time.

Room Tip: We all loved the swimming pool. But we are older and the sound and noise level was awlfull and hurt...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad to hear about your experience with our housekeeping and breakfast departments. Our entire staff gets excited when we are able to make our guests happy. I will be sure to pass on your compliments too the staff. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.