“Great 2 night stay”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Newark, New Jersey
“Great 2 night stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this property for a local softball tournament. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Family enjoyed the breakfast bar in the mornings. Would recommend staying at this property to anyone that is traveling to this area of PA.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank art s
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad we were able to provide you with clean and comfortable rooms and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you stay with us again in the future.

Chambersburg, PA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really nice and one of the top five HIE I have stayed in. Very clean, everything works well, great fitness center and pool. Two nice features in the room are the additional electrical and usb outlets on the bedside table and good lighting in the bath. The huge "bar" seating in the restaurant is unique and all seating was very comfortable. Staff very friendly and the restaurant staff seemed to really like their job. High recommend this hotel for any gathering.

Room Tip: I would imagine all are as fine as our s was.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John C
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. We appreciate the great review and the high praise. Your experience is the type of stay we want every guest to have every time they stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

Linesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed last year for the Uprise Festival and if you reserve soon enough I will see you there this year!!! Great breakfast, friendly staff fast check in and out overall 5 star experience. Nice pool too.Only minutes from the Fairgrounds.

Room Tip: Great Breakfast and only Minutes from the Fairgrounds
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Chambersburg, PA. I am glad you had a great stay last year and I am glad you have decided to return again. We look forward to your return.

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was 700 miles into a 1200 mile drive. Myself and my 3 children under 6 stayed the night, arriving at around 6. The hotel is situated 1 exit shy of a strip that has restaurants and shopping (it was helpful to find a Target as we had forgotten a few items, and nice to eat at a restaurant instead out of a fast food bag!). I chose the hotel after checking the reviews, since the hotel we stayed in last time we made the trip was so horrible we had to leave at 2am because my son was having an asthma attack thanks to the mold. THIS hotel was exactly what I needed!!!! Very clean, didn't have that weird awful "hotel" stink to the rooms-I actually felt at home, the breakfast was great and the staff was kind, bathrooms were clean and mold-free (we actually all showered!! Usually we avoid hotel tubs), and most importantly I felt safe even though I was a female on her own with 3 kids. I will be staying at this hotel every single time we make this trip from now on. There is a pool that stays open until 10 but we were too tired to swim. Next time, however, I'm sure we will.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you had a great experience at our hotel. We love to hear when we are able to meet our guest’s needs. Thanks for making us a stop on your future trips to Chambersburg. We look forward to your next stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not too often will I give a 5* rating, but this hotel was fabulous. We asked for a quiet room as my husband and I were exhausted after a long travel day from Charlotte, NC. Our room was quiet and immaculate with a comfortable king size bed. Breakfast was very good and the entire staff was exceptional. Definitely stay at this facility, if you are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn M
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I appreciate the great recommendation. Thanks for letting us know we hit the mark during your stay. I will pass on the kind words to our staff. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.

Central NJ
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for a college graduation. Rooms were very clean. Hotel was quiet despite near full occupancy. Breakfast was a little lacking but plenty of room. Beds, pillows and linens were in great shape and very comfortable. Rooms were very large.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you had a good stay during one of the local colleges’ graduation weekends. It’s good to hear you received good service and clean and comfortable accommodations. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.

West Monroe, NY
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Well, my husband and I had travel plans for almost a week between our home in NY to NC to PA before returning home to NY. Our stay was so bad in NC, that we opted to leave early and head to PA to tour Gettysburg before our reservations in Lancaster the following evening. I checked online and saw the Holiday Inn had a good rate, and booked the room. We ended up pulling up at 2:30 and was warmly greeted. I had explained to the front desk clerk that we were weary and tired due to two horrible nights travel already, and she put us in a nice room. No complaints on room 107, UNTIL...we had gone out to dinner, come back and I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard kids screaming, running around and doors slamming right outside our room! Now, it was only 7pm, so I figured I would wait it out for a while. I did look out at one point through the peep hole and noticed that the room across from us and next to us had pulled the latch across the door, so it keeps it open a little and you can get in and out without your key. These kids from both rooms were running back and forth, slamming the doors, yelling etc..until at 8pm my husband shot up out of the chair. At that point I called the front desk and spoke to Nate. He came immediately. When my husband spoke to one of the father's of the kids, he said he didn't know anything about it (did I fail to mention that was because he had just come from the pool!)!!! Nate took care of us right away. After explaining to him that we were exhausted and needed sleep, he moved us to a suite on the 3rd floor free of charge. After we were there for a few minutes, he called to make sure everything was ok and even ran up two extra pillows for us! He needs a raise! Great guy, very personable and beyond helpful. He made our stay all worth while!

Room Tip: We started in a double queen before being moved to a King suite. They were both great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tlc2ny
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thanks for your kind words about Nate and the service he provided you. It’s great to hear about when our staff is able to resolve an issue to a guest’s satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Nate. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.