“Older, nice enough. ”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Older, nice enough. ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Certainly an older place, with a chest-height shower head, small TV, etc. Beds were relatively comfortable. Pretty basic breakfast. Not bad all-in-all, and I'd suggest it for kids. Good service. Coffee and fresh fruit 24/7 was nice arriving late at night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for business; I agree with some of the other reviewers that this hotel needs a serious upgrade. Sheraton needs to reevaluate this property if they want to continue to call it a Four Points. The AC in my room kept running and wasn't very effective in cooling off, my coworkers room reeked of cigarette smoke even though the hotel is supposed to be non-smoking, the breakfast buffet was below par, bathroom was clean but there was a strange odor on the first floor hallway; didn't have any issues with the staff, room was nice size, but the TV's need to be replaced. I would not look to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, would avoid the 1st floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our facility for your business trip. We apologize that we did not live up to your expectations of what a Four Points is, we do undergo annual inspections from Starwood to keep the Four Points name. I would like to know what room you were in so that maintenance can check on the ac, also, what did you not like about breakfast? We always appreciate guests comments and concerns because they help us know what we are doing right, and where we have need for improvement.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon check in we were asked what time we would be checking out, we have two kids and are in no rush during our vacation so we said I'm not sure. Christine the front desk clerk said well will it be 10 or 11, I just need an approx time for housekeeping. I find this question completely rude, check out is 12 and we don't want to be rushed in the morning because housekeeping doesn't want to be here all day.
Went to elevator to our room and it didn't work after the door hit our child. We got out and just dragged our luggage up the stairs.
Went to our room and the knob on the air conditioning unit was missing so I was going to call the front desk to ask how to control the air, however the phone jack was broken so the phone didn't work. I walked down to the front desk and waited 10 min while other guests checked in. I told Christine the air doesn't work because the knob is broken she said the thermostat is on the wall. I said well I could have saved myself 10 min if the phone worked but it doesn't, can she replace the cord in case I have further issues. No they can't replace it, I asked for another room she proceeded to give me a dirty look and a bad attitude, I said is there a problem? She said you don't have to be nasty to me. I said I'm not being nasty I am annoyed that I had to wait ten min to tell you something that I could have called to ask, so please give me another room close to the one I just checked into. I then said the elevator doesn't work either, she said in her nastiest voice that's because when it hits someone it jams up the door. Ok so sorry I didn't know that. So to be smart I said do you own this hotel? She said no, I said I didn't think so.

Now onto the room, just gross. It smells, the furniture is dinged up the televisions are old, the carpet is nasty. The entire place is just disgusting. I'm really glad we are only staying one night and checking out whenever we feel like in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I apologize that you did not have a pleasant interaction with my front desk staff. It is Starwood Four Points standard to ask what time you will be checking out, not to make you feel rushed, just so housekeeping does not knock on your door prior to your specified time. It is in no way a reflection of how long housekeeping wants to be at work. If you could advise me of what room you were in I will make sure my maintenance staff ensures that the phone is working properly. We strive to provide our guests with the best customer service and I will certainly address your concerns with my staff at the front desk. Thank you for taking the time and telling us about your experience, this allows us to know where we have room for improvement.

Management
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I grew up in Chambersburg but now live in Philadelphia. My mother still lives in Chambersburg so when we go to visit and the whole family is there we stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and always very clean. They have a nice indoor pool. They do offer ajoining rooms if needed. There is a very nice breakfast buffet included with the price of the room. They also accomadate late check outs if requested. A great place to stay in Chambersburg. Also the beds are very good and the sleep quality is great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Burnt Hills, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding. Imagine our disappointment when we came back from the rehearsal dinner and found NO HOT WATER!! We called the front desk--they were trying to locate the maintenance man and would call us back. They never called--we called again and they were very rude--in face the staff was rude during our entire stay. We finally had hot water by 5:00 the next morning! What did they do? The compensated us $16 for our "inconvenience." We were so worried all night as to how we were going to get ready for the wedding with no hot water--I guess our worrying was worth $16 to them????? This is totally unacceptable and I do NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to not get a room that faces I-81 and HOPE for a quiet air conditioning unit!! Good Luck!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We apologize about the incident with the hot water and understand your frustrations. Please rest assured that this issue with the hot water heater has been resolved, feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss further compensation for the inconvenience.

Englewood, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Sheraton should consider either shutting down this hotel or force the owner to update. This hotel is not worthy of the Sheraton brand period. The room was old and dirty especially the shower area. There is really no privacy if you stay on first floor. The TV is probably from 20 years ago. WiFi was free but slow. Not impressed at all!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and telling us about your recent stay. I am concerned about your comment of no privacy on the first floor, if you are referring to the curtain please know that we also have black out blinds to ensure privacy for all our hotel guests.

Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Foul smell outside the hotel, rooms are quite small but generally well kept, clean and equipment are workable. Starbuck and some other fast food joints are within walking distance. Stayed on the ground level, privacy is lacking because curtain cannot be drawn fully closed. Offers poor WIFI and Old CRT TV.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kool123934
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize that the outside had an odor upon your arrival. For future reference every room has a blackout blind in addition to the curtain, ensuring privacy for all hotel guests regardless of what floor you stay on.