“You'd have to be a member of the family to be treated better!”

Chambersburg Travelodge
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Rochester, New York
“You'd have to be a member of the family to be treated better!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

From the moment my friends and I arrived the staff was unbeatable. At first I was a bit apprehensive as the property looked rather old. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, the property was extremely well maintained. Considering the amount of traveling I do, it's definitely a compliment to the entire staff to state that the property was exceptionally clean and painstakingly maintained. The manager (I believe his name was Manish (?)) was beyond a doubt a credit to his craft. He was both a host and an adviser and his input was invaluable. I hope to be his quest again in the future. As a foot note, in all fairness to Manish (?) and his staff, the only reason they didn't receive a FIVE stars is merely because of the age of the facility. Manish (?) and his staff as far as I'm concerned ARE a perfect Five stars!! Travelodge of Chambersburg will definitely be on my list of places to return to!

Room Tip: They are all exceptionally clean but the rooms on the second and third floors facing the street have...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Manish P, Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank You so much for your comment. It really does mean a lot. We are very glad to hear that our staff was unbeatable. We are beyond happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Our staff strives to accommodate our guests as much as they can, and I'm glad we did that for you. We take pride in making our rooms and property clean and convenient as possible to our guests. We do hope to see you again and make your stay even better! Again thank you soo much for your kind words.

Manish Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Upon arrival, the manager was friendly and prompt. Indeed the lobby did smell like Indian food, as mentioned in other reviews. But this didn't bother me. I love Indian cuisine. The rates were very fair. Room was clean and comfortable. Was very helpful that the room had an iron, ironing board, microwave and refrigerator. Staff very attentitive. Breakfast was AWESOME, filling and free. Restaurant staff attentitive and friendly. Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We are very sorry for smell. We will try our best to improve upon that. I'm happy to know that you found our rooms clean and helpful. We want to make our guests stay as convenient and worry free as possible. Knowing you enjoyed our breakfast so much, we hope to accommodate you again!

Manish Patel
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We booked this site based on the tripadvisor reviews and pictures, and then didn't arrive until after dark. I'll admit that at first glance I was concerned, the hotel seemed older and a bit "sketchy" but we decided to give it a try anyway. Check-in was easy and quite friendly. Our non-smoking rooms were on the third floor, courtyard. They were definitely decorated several years ago but were very, very clean. Since we were arriving late and leaving early, did I really care that the drapes were out of style?! A big draw was the free breakfast next door, and what a pleasant surprise that was! We were served by Peggy Fleming (like the skater--her words) and she alone was worth the "price of admission"!! She was absolutely hilarious, treated us like we'd been friends for years, and started our day out wonderfully. She and her staff prepared fresh food that was delicious, and the coffee was excellent. We stayed at several hotels on this trip but I can tell you that the breakfast at Peggy's was the best out of them all. All in all, we would stay here again for the value and the breakfast!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manish P, Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Kristine,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you decided to stay with us. Sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with decorations, but we are glad you found our rooms very clean. We strive to please all of our guests and we will take your comments into consideration. I'm very happy to know that you had a wonderful experience at breakfast. The staff tries to make our guest stays as enjoyable as possible. We definitely hope to accommodate you again. See you soon!

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Spotless, room amenities, comfortable and a solid sit down breakfast for you the next morning. Obviously well cared for with an attentive owner who is very pleasant. The only thing I would dink them on is the gross carpeting on our first floor room. I think it was the only thing that contributed to that old motel smell that the room had. The carpet looked 30 years old at least. But the room was spotless and clean which balanced out the carpeting. I think for the price this place has to be given a 5 star rating. I'm not comparing it to a Hyatt, I'm comparing it to all the horrible budget rooms out there that sometimes charge even more for a room.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear kemperfant,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed our free continental breakfast and our spotless and clean room. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the carpet, but we do take our guests comments into consideration. We hope to improve upon this matter. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again!

Monessen
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I was quite surprised when I was able to get a room for the 150th event. The hotel was close enough that getting back and forth was quick and easy. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this review. I'm glad you enjoyed our well maintained property and very clean rooms! We try to make our guests stay as comfortable and worry free as possible. I'm glad you took advantage of our convenient location and we hope to see you again next time!