Chambersburg Travelodge
US$58
US$66
US$149
Hampton.com
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Red Roof
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$58
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleaneggsoatmealneeded a place to staydonutswill stay there againfridge and microwaveconvenient locationone night staycontinental breakfastnice stayelevatorhighwaydryer
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed again at this Travelodge this past week while traveling with small child. The room was older, but very clean and comfortable. Helpful, friendly front desk who gave us the idea to visit the Chambersburg Park which was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manish P, Front Office Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Ann H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this response! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here! We hope to see you again and make your stay just as pleasant as your last!

Manish

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've been to Chambersburg many times, and spent plenty of time working at the hospital just 2 blocks away, so the area is not unfamiliar to me. This hotel is highly rated on Trip Advisor, and since my son and I did not need anything fancy I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all, after checking into the hotel I drove through to the overly full parking lot. The spaces are too small and honestly I wasn't even sure that I'd have my car in the morning if I left it there. The parking lot is open to the area around the hotel, and the neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired. I spent 10 minutes sitting in the parking lot searching for other hotels and debating whether or not I'd forfeit my money or stay the night. In the end we decided to stay, though I did check on my car a few times during the night. Upon getting up to our room, last updated during the Carter administration, the same smell that permeated the main office also permeated the bathroom. Other than being relatively clean the room didn't have much going for it - hard beds and thin pillows. I kept looking for bugs, as it seemed like this would be a place they'd be right at home.

Breakfast is at a cafe that is attached to the hotel, and I'm sure this place would not make it if it weren't for the breakfasts it sells the hotel.

I would recommend skipping this place and spending the extra $ to go elsewhere. I will not be returning in the future.

Room Tip: rooms at other hotels are much nicer
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dr_Vette
Manish P, Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Dr_Vette,

First of all, I would like to apologize for your rough stay at our hotel. The surrounding neighborhood is very safe. I promise you that you didn't have anything to worry about! We are currently working on updating rooms! We are very sorry for the smell in the room! We thank you for telling us, so we can get it fixed as soon as possible. We take our guests comments into consideration and we will surely improve the problems you experienced. Again I am sincerely sorry for the problems you faced upon your stay here.

Thank You!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This Hotel does not have the best curb appeal, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that looks can be deceiving!!!! Our room was clean and spacious, beds were comfortable and quiet. We got a great night's sleep and wished we had a need to stay in the area for more than one night!! Breakfast was at a restaurant next door and was a full meal, a VERY nice surprise. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manish P, Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Laura,

Thanks so much for your comment! I'm glad you liked our clean and spacious rooms along with our comfortable beds. We're really happy knowing you enjoyed our breakfast also! We definitely hope to see and accommodate you again!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I needed a place to stay after visiting Gettysburg. we decided to stay outside Gettysburg to find better prices for the evening. We travel often and like places that are clean, comfortable and quiet. This place was all of that and had a very nice breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast to go with it. I would stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Carol,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this comment! I'm very glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and free hot breakfast! We hope to see again!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

From the moment my friends and I arrived the staff was unbeatable. At first I was a bit apprehensive as the property looked rather old. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, the property was extremely well maintained. Considering the amount of traveling I do, it's definitely a compliment to the entire staff to state that the property was exceptionally clean and painstakingly maintained. The manager (I believe his name was Manish (?)) was beyond a doubt a credit to his craft. He was both a host and an adviser and his input was invaluable. I hope to be his quest again in the future. As a foot note, in all fairness to Manish (?) and his staff, the only reason they didn't receive a FIVE stars is merely because of the age of the facility. Manish (?) and his staff as far as I'm concerned ARE a perfect Five stars!! Travelodge of Chambersburg will definitely be on my list of places to return to!

Room Tip: They are all exceptionally clean but the rooms on the second and third floors facing the street have balconies, very nice feature.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robert,

Thank You so much for your comment. It really does mean a lot. We are very glad to hear that our staff was unbeatable. We are beyond happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Our staff strives to accommodate our guests as much as they can, and I'm glad we did that for you. We take pride in making our rooms and property clean and convenient as possible to our guests. We do hope to see you again and make your stay even better! Again thank you soo much for your kind words.